Application Engineer Manager– PGTR Greater China
- You will work as a technical expert or segment specialist in the market or inside the company/Hub.
- You will support the LSM team from a technical point of view and represent the interests of the Hub BU in the given product.
- You will be responsible for presenting technical meetings, promoting new technology to customers, and demonstrating technical leadership.
- You will be responsible for approaching segment markets by interacting with existing Customers as well as with potential by providing appropriate technical support while reinforcing product application positioning.
- You will support GPG for technical solution development and new solution design.
- You will collect customer and market dynamics in a dedicated segment.
- You will be responsible for understanding specs and norms and squaring away doubts and misinterpretations.
- You will be influencing technical specs and demonstrating technical leadership.
- You will be responsible for reviewing the offer from a technical point of view (bridge between customer and factory).
- You will offer support to the local engineering team in the factory when needed.
- You will be responsible for training for internal customers, Marketing sales, FES team.
- You will organize a customer workshop from a technical point of view.
- You will lead the team of application engineers and ensure the team is properly organized, staffed skilled, and directed.
- You will guide, motivate, and develop direct subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity means taking responsibility for your actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Strong technical background in one or more products, including Power transformers, Oil distribution transformers, Dry transformers, UHVAC/DC, Reactors, Bushing, Tap changers, transformer digital products, and so on.
- Prefer to have one or more related application experiences, including Wind, Solar, VSD, Railway, Metro, COG, Semiconductor, Power plant, data center, Arc furnace, Intelligent application, or other industries.
- Have a good understanding of the technology trend and market status.
- Have good communication and coordination skills with LMS, local factories, and global PGs.
- Good skill in customer/internal meetings or events, Strong influence on customers from a technology point of view.
- Marketing experience or customer sense is a plus.
- Willing to travel.
- Proficiency in both spoken & and written English language is required.