The Cloud Services-Principal-Application Administrator is responsible for ensuring the availability and functionality of Hitachi Energy Enterprise Software Applications for clients, Internal users, and Support Teams. Key results areas and accountabilities include Service Level Management, Service Operations, Continuous Service Improvement, Service Transition, Documentation and processes, and Compliance with external customer change management procedures. The role is accountable for ensuring all activities align with the Cloud Services business direction for globalization and consistency between operational groups. The required skills include experience in technical service delivery, technical systems administration, Public Cloud Operation, and strong interpersonal and communication skills. Candidates should have ITIL training at the Foundation with a focus on Application Architecture or IT Systems.
- Perform all work assigned is performed in accordance with client SLAs and Cloud Services management priorities.
- Install and manage cloud-based enterprise applications, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, in-house applications, etc. in accordance with cloud standards and project/operational requirements.
- Perform fault analysis and application log debugging to resolve complex issues.
- Take ownership of Incidents and Service Requests within the managed group.
- Research and recommend innovative, and automated approaches (whenever possible) for system administration/application admin/ cloud operation tasks to leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
- Participate in the training plan arranged by the Administration Team Leader. Demonstrate self-motivation in managing self-training initiatives (self-study, use of sandpit environments, industry forum membership and participation etc.)
- Establish and maintain monitoring systems for applications and infrastructure to proactively identify and address performance issues.
- Perform Application monitoring and management tasks e.g., system monitoring, error detection scripts and procedures, database optimization and background job scheduling.
- Analyze performance metrics and work with cross-functional teams to optimize resource usage and enhance overall system efficiency.
- Implement scaling strategies to accommodate varying workloads and ensure high availability.
- Adapt Cloud Services solutions to meet the customer requirements as part of a Cloud Ops team.
- Maintain the documentation and processes of managed Applications Services for administration and support.
- Contribute to documentation relating to Cloud Services Account Management processes as impacted by managed Applications Services changes and development.
- Ensure the availability of managed Applications for use with regular customer and operational KPI adherence reviews as defined by the Cloud Services business.
- Act as a key technical contact for customers and ability to manage customers and deliver to the contractual service level agreement.
- Perform evaluation for root cause of Incidents and instigate actions to correct both the Incident and the underlying cause.
- Proactively propose and implement improvement solutions to common problems.
- Conduct regular capacity assessments to anticipate future resource requirements and plan for scalability.
- Implement cost monitoring tools and practices to track expenses and identify opportunities for optimization without compromising performance.
- A Principal IT Application Administrator should stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to continuously enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the CloudOps team.
- Effective communication, leadership, and collaboration skills are also crucial for success in this role.
- Develop and maintain incident response plans for application and infrastructure failures, ensuring a rapid and effective resolution of issues.
- Lead troubleshooting efforts during incidents, coordinating with relevant teams to identify root causes and implement corrective actions.
- Establish communication protocols to keep stakeholders informed during incidents and ensure transparency in the resolution process.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in computer engineering (master’s preferred) or equivalent in educational qualification.
- 8 years of related experience in administration of application management.
- Strong understanding of the ITIL framework, experience working in a mature change management process environment, and experience in technical service delivery.
- Good experienced of IIS with PHP CGI installation, configuration, and management
- Strong knowledge of Windows PowerShell, windows Services, and event viewer
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Server Operating System and it’s administration.
- Good understanding of Enterprise Application Architecture and Distributed Applications Architecture both on-premises and Cloud (Azure, AWS)
- Good knowledge of T-SQL, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, and PostgreSQL Database administration
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC), scrum framework, agile methodologies, and sprints.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, meet deadlines, plan activities, and deliver to timelines, and work under situations of time criticality.
- A team player and a leader who has patience and ability to handle job pressure.
- Excellent verbal /written communication skills, Documentation skills for processes and procedures.