Our successful candidate will be a highly motivated, collaborative, and fast-paced sales hunter with a history of meeting or exceeding sales targets, a strong drive to succeed and experience in lead a team. As Head of the Area Sales Team Germany for Hitachi Energy, you will have primary responsibility to drive the sales of the full portfolio of Systems, Products & Services, generating sales opportunities and securing profitable sales. This role will ensure that the Area Sales team is developing sales strategies to ensure growth and building long-term customer relationships.
- Responsible for Area Sales of full Hitachi Energy portfolio and relevant Marketing activities. Accountable for delivering among others OR budget and Margins.
- Strategy leadership: Prepare and implement the sales strategy for the regions in Germany. Implement Channel Strategy. Translates the needs of customer into relevant Hitachi Energy offerings and solutions.
- Customer approach: Establishes long-term customer relationships by understanding customer requirements & processes, applicable regulations and demonstrating technical and commercial solutions knowledge to promote the Hitachi Energies portfolio. Register customer feedback and ensure customer satisfaction throughout the sales process.
- Leadership: Lead the Area Sales Team to achieve business results. Focus on employee development to ensure a strong-performing, motivated and engaged team of sales professionals.
- Follow the Sales Process and implement in the team. Support process improvements.
- Ensure efficient cooperation with other departments like B&P, Contract Management and Supply Side units.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity
- Degree (Bachelor/Master) in a technical/engineering discipline and, ideally further qualification in business administration
- More than 5 years of experience in technical sales and marketing, supporting multiple products, customers and channels.
- Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
- Proven experience in the energy industry and solutions & product know-how.
- Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
- Exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Customer-focused. Confident, credible, C-Level presenter, business value-based sales approach, pro-active self-starter.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, assertiveness, and ability to convince.
- Outstanding leadership and communication skills.
- Fluent (best native) in German; Business fluent in English, spoken and written.
- Eager to develop yourself, support your peers, and our customers.
- Willingness to travel (up to 60-80%)