Hitachi Energy is seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader (Focus Factory) for its Jefferson City, MO location. In alignment with the North America Hub’s vision and growth strategy, this role is responsible for driving sustainable and transformational change across the extended Factory Value Chain by using ITM system tools and methods to demonstrate improvements in Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory and Cost.
- Reports to the Factory ITM Leader to drive continuous improvement using the fundamentals of our Lean management system -- ITM.
- Partners with cross-functional teams to improve our continuous improvement culture focused on waste elimination throughout the extended value stream. Focus on driving our ‘learn and go-do’ approach using ITM tools, including 5S, Visual Management, Kaizen, Daily Management, Standard Work, Value Stream Mapping, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Leader Standard Work, etc.
- Enables activities across the Factory to implement and mature the ITM system. Assist in the maturity assessment process to advance the organization through the ITM phases of deployment.
- Lead and facilitate kaizen events for the organization and partner with the extended cross-functional organization on overall use of ITM tools to drive optimization of KPIs around Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory, and Cost. Includes leading and facilitating ITM Process Excellence Kaizen events through the Value Stream.
- Learn the ITM system to support training and coaching others to build capabilities on the tools and methods. Build a Coaching culture across the organization with focus on Employee Engagement and Accountability.
- Own and lead Cost-out projects focused on improved processes and systems, and coach others in the development and execution of Cost-out projects.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, Manufacturing, Business (or related) and 5+ years of experience in areas of manufacturing, engineering, materials management, quality and/or process improvement.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States and/or Canada.
- Lean training or certification, or Six-Sigma certification preferred.
- Track record of delivering breakthrough results impacting the bottom line.
- Experience in challenging conventional thinking, approach and methodology and driving improvements, and the ability to lead teams through influence without authority.
- Experience working with one of the following: Integrated Transformer Management System, Toyota Production System, Danaher Business System, Honeywell Operating System, or similar.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.