We are currently seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve our Hitachi Energy business as an Account Manager and contribute to our Sales team focused on Grid Automation customers. This position will be based in the Southwest Region of the US (preferably in Texas).
The Account Manager is a critical part of Hitachi Energy’ strategy. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important Grid Automation customers. Assigned to one or more territories, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents the entire range of Grid Automation products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers. The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account Strategies - Participates in the development of sales strategies for account by providing the customers’ current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets - Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the accounts and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process. Manages / achieves both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the accounts; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall accounts or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager).
- Account Plan/Account management - Leads the development and implementation of the account plans to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations - Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Manages meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization.
- Market Activity – Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Portfolio Management - Promotes frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across all divisions & factories represented by the Account Manager; and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Customer Insight - Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customers’ business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge - Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Teamwork - Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; delivers new insights and connects experts to the customers while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipate the need for intervention & escalation, and take action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing - Coordinates the use of internal and/or external resources to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customers; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input.
- This position requires the ability to develop sales strategies with businesses, provide insight to customers by navigating options & alternatives, and coordinate activities involving multiple functions across a variety of businesses.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required to determine, evaluate, and report reasons for success or failure of sales efforts, anticipate market changes, and forecast / communicate changes in customers' buying patterns & product requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while remaining organized & strategic to carry out the sales account plans.
- Successful candidate must have an understanding of customer and company’s organizational structure, as well as strong business acumen / sense to determine when escalation is required.
- Anticipates roadblocks and alerts internal & external stakeholders appropriately.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Hitachi Energy is seeking to create a diverse team of account management professionals focused on the Grid Automation market.
- Various levels of education and experience will be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 12 years of experience. Additionally, candidate with an Associate’s degree or High School Diploma (GED) will be considered based upon the specifics of the experience.
- High percentage of travel will be required.
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
- Experience is preferred in sales or business development working with clients in the Grid Automation market.
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related field is preferred; Business Administration-oriented programs will also be considered.
- Recent experience working with power products and solutions.
- Recent experience working with the sales & marketing of Grid Automation products (e.g. Protection & Control, Network Control, Grid Edge Solutions, etc.).
- Experience with SalesForce.Com
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Strong customer relationship skills.
- Exceptional analytical skills, relationship management qualities, and leadership abilities.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.