We are currently seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve our Hitachi Energy business as an Account Manager and contribute to our Sales team focused on Data Center customers. This position will be based in the Raleigh, NC or Northern Virginia area.
The Account Manager is a critical part of Hitachi Energy’ strategy. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important Data Center customers. Assigned to one or more accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents the entire range of products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers to a certain account. The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account Strategies - Participates in the development of sales strategies for account by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Sales Targets - Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process. Manages / achieves both overall & business unit specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the account; takes accountability for the monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the overall account or the specifically assigned product lines (per the direction of the Sales Manager).
- Account Plan/Account management - Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Customer Relations - Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Manages meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization.
- Market Activity – Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Portfolio Management - Promotes frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across all divisions, business units, & factories represented by the Account Manager; and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution.
- Customer Insight - Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge - Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Teamwork - Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & execute account plans; delivers new insights and connects experts to the customer while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipate the need for intervention & escalation, and take action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing - Coordinates the use of internal and/or external resources to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customer; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as required.
- Hitachi Energy is seeking a candidate to join a diverse team of account management professionals focused on the Data Center market.
- Various levels of education and experience will be considered for this role.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 5 years of experience in Sales, Marketing or Industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree and PM Certification, a minimum of 3 years experience in Sales, Marketing or Industry experience
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
- Travel 10-25% of the time
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate technical details clearly
- Solid organizational skills
- Working knowledge of SFDC, Microsoft Xcel and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of power and distribution products and designs
- Working knowledge of substation systems, studies, and applications
- Working knowledge of Data Center power grid applications
- Working knowledge of Microgrid applications
- Minimum of 3 years in a customer facing role (i.e. account management, application engineering, product management, business development)
- Minimum of 3 years selling: DTR, Dry, PTR, GIS, HV
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.