We are looking for a Site Construction Engineer for Pre-Engineered Buildings (PEB) to join our HVDC team at Hitachi Energy. The Site Construction Engineer, PEB will be coordinating and inspecting the PEB construction works throughout its scope of delivery.
The Site Construction Engineer, PEB will report to the Civil Construction Manager and integrate the Site Management team.
- Supports the engineering works related to PEB, by contributing with the construction perspective, lessons learnt and best practices, whilst ensuring its constructability.
- Reviews the PEB ITPs and ITRs, as well as all technical submissions from sub contractors to ensure compliance with the respective design and specifications.
- Coordinates all on-site PEB construction works activities in alignment with project delivery schedule/activities to assure cost-effective execution of project deliverables in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, schedule, and safety requirements.
- Supports the Civil Construction Manager in making detailed working
plans with the Sub-Contractors of the PEB scope construction works
activities, including necessary local resources, equipment, suppliers, and milestones.
- Ensures that all documentation related to the PEB scope is revised and updated as necessary, and that the latest revisions are used for the construction work on site.
- Monitors and inspects the PEB construction works activities, ensuring the required quality for the respective works according to the standards and specifications.
- Leads or participates in site meetings related to the PEB scope, and whenever required, with Customer, sub-contractors, and Hitachi ABB Energy site personnel.
- Prepares and coordinates the PEB related red marked drawings with the subcontractors and engineering.
- We are looking for engaged, structured, persistent, well-organized, and driven person who is a true team player Professional Engineering competence bachelor’s or MSc. degree in Mechanical engineering, or related.
- Ready to work in an international and multicultural work environment.
- Experience in industrial projects. In the energy sector is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the area of expertise
- Great communication skills.
- Flexibility and an open mindset are important features to be successful in this role.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken is required to be able to interact with various stakeholders.
- Ability to work on site.