Develop, plan, and implement Supply Chain Management (SCM) strategy focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery, and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category or group of categories. Ensure execution in accordance with Company, SCM and Supply Base Management instructions and procedures.
We are looking for a strategic and results-oriented professional with a strong background in CAPEX, either in building & land or equipment.
- Leverage the Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) process, implement effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy ensuring that the awarded suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements.
- Ensure all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential suppliers, trends, and best practices within the CAPEX industry.
- Manage the end-to-end sourcing process, including supplier selection, negotiations, and contract management.
- Manage planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts.
- Minimize risk regarding quality and financial exposure by contracting in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Adapt corporate contractual framework to the local business needs.
- Recommend frame agreements to management and execute upon approval.
- Provide ongoing oversight and contract management with suppliers.
- Ensure identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Company policies.
- Define and establish local standard agreements with all major suppliers.
- Provide and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Company directives and guidelines.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BA / BS in Supply Chain/Business Administration/Real Estate/Finance or related discipline.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- 5+ years of experience working in large scale CAPEX/Construction projects and Strategic Sourcing in a company.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and implementing global category strategies.
- Good understanding about technical categories presents within all capital projects: building services and process equipment, construction, and technical contractors.
- Sense of ownership, pride, and ability to see projects through to completion.
- Outstanding organizational skills to manage multiple moving parts simultaneously and optimally in a matrix organization and with very little oversight and direction.
- Project management and execution skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to interact with C-level executives as well as rank and file in the PL organization.
- Ability to lead initiatives and promote acceptance across units and product lines management.
- Strong knowledge of MS office tools including MS Project, MS Excel etc., SAP Ariba
- Solid knowledge of Hitachi Energy’s different supply chains and logistics structures.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.