In this role you will support Power Grid, Grid Integration (PGGI). With analytical, hands-on and autonomous approach, you contribute to the successful performance of Contract Management in the assigned project. You are a reliable partner, when it comes to the preparation of contracts/subcontracts, contract administration and project execution. You will be ensuring contract and risk management activities are timely and accurately executed protecting HE’s interests throughout project(s) lifecycle.
Do you enjoy working in teams to enhance their performance through your competence?
Are you looking for a position, where you can work and interface with various business and project disciplines and work as a part of a Contract Management team? If so, we look forward to receiving your application.
- Ensures that own assigned portfolio of contracts or specific project(s) (back-office or at the site) in the business follow contract and claim management methodologies in accordance with applicable procedures.
- Provides guidance and leadership on contract related matters to cross functional business team members.
- Develops contract strategy based on HE’s policies, customer requirements, and the overall execution strategy taking into account risk, pricing, scope, and schedule.
- Identifies the contract baseline (including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract) and highlights areas of opportunities and potential risk.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of commercial aspects in portfolio of contracts / subcontracts (i.e. payments, claims, variation orders, warranties, provisions, guarantees, etc.).
- Verifies that all parties to the contract have fulfilled their contractual obligations and there are no responsibilities outstanding.
- Assesses the success of the contract and determines if there are any lessons learned for future contracting.
- Documents and communicates to all relevant parties any deficiencies found as part of the closeout process.
- Establishes and enforces standard methodologies in portfolio of contracts to identify, notify, enforce or defend changes / claims (passive/active) coming from / towards third parties.
- In concert with HE Legal, develops the negotiation strategy and supports negotiations. Supports HE Legal in handling formal dispute resolution, litigation and arbitration proceedings. Notifies and liaises with HAPG Legal to report major claims and keeps HE Legal updated on any critical development during project execution.
- Supports drafting of Contracts, Subcontracts and Supply Contracts and ensures that relevant (supply / sub) contracts contain appropriate contract terms to protect HE's interest including flow-down of main contract terms.
- Analyzes contract terms to highlight areas of potential opportunity and risk.
- Seeks advice from HE Legal to draft, negotiate and finalize agreements during the Sales and Project Execution phases.
- Develops and implements risk mitigation and opportunity plans in collaboration with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures insurance provisions within the contract are adhered to and coordinates with Insurance Risk Management regarding occurrences that may be covered by customer / third party or HE provided insurance. Supports Insurance Risk Management in producing damage reports.
- Seeks advice from HE Legal (Export Control) to ensure accurate handling of all export control matters with regard to restrictions on exports, applicable destination laws considering countries, customers or products involved and the respective laws and HE regulations.
- Ability to read, write, speak and negotiate in English. Any further language is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration, Economics or Law.
- Preferably 10 years or more experience in EPC power generation, substations, converter stations, grid integration, transmission or similar industrial plant Contract Management and Subcontract Management functions (with emphasis on civil and electrical installations desired), processes and management/administration of varying sizes and types of contractual agreements.
- Solid experience in change management, claim management and contract-related legal issues and the possible effects in the relevant areas of responsibility regarding proposal stage and/or project execution.
- Ability to interface with customers and subcontractors in regards to all matters related to contracts and projects including those related to the review and process of changes.
- Ability to work in a corporate office and/or project site environment.
Please note that in cooperation with Meditor search we conduct a background screening on all candidates that receive an offer of employment in Hitachi Energy Norway. This to ensure best quality in our recruitment process, according with our company policy.