Hitachi Solutions is a global Microsoft solutions integrator passionate about developing and delivering industry-focused solutions that support our clients to deliver on their business transformation goals. Our industry focus, expertise, and intellectual property is what truly sets us apart. We have earned, and continue to maintain, a strategic relationship with Microsoft. Recognized for our achievements - teaming with our clients to deliver innovative digital solutions and services - is how we have achieved year after year recognition.
As their trusted advisor, we support our clients to deliver on their strategic business initiatives as they unify, automate, and modernize their data and operations to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance their customer's experience. Our over 3,000 team members across 14 countries, and our 18 years of 100% focus on Microsoft technologies and business applications, is how we deliver excellence through expert services and industry-focused cloud solutions.
A part of Hitachi, Ltd., our company has a long and rich history of innovation, financial strength, and international presence of one of the world's largest companies. Since 1910, Hitachi, Ltd. has been a leader in manufacturing innovative products and solutions that support industry and social infrastructure around the globe supported by 303,000 employees in over 100 countries and across 864 companies.Job DescriptionThis is a Team Lead/Manager position.
This is a full-time role in our product organization for an expert in systems design with considerable skill and expertise in large software development. Designs and implements Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) tooling using GitHub Actions / Azure DevOps, and related technologies. This includes defining and implementing: build and test pipelines for containerized architectures, infrastructure as code (IaC) for the stateful deployment of environments, Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), linting and other code quality controls, gitops and kubernetes pipelines, and managing SaaS deployment APIs.
Individuals in this role will assist in the design, engineering, development, planning and administration of Azure Kubernetes AKS clusters for a set of critical business applications. This role will work closely with application, engineering, security and operations teams to engineer and build Kubernetes and Azure PaaS & IaaS solutions within an agile and modern enterprise grade operating model. Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated capability to learn new concepts quickly, and/or have robust domain expertise.
- Responsible for availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring/observability, emergency response, capacity planning, setting, and maintaining SLOs, SLIs and Error Budgets, creating dashboards.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve operational challenges contributing to defined SLO's.
- Manage site stability, performance, reliability, and maintain uptime for production environments.
- Develop a fully automated multi-environment observability stack based on the existing system and extend it to predict capacity needs based on the usage patterns.
- Strive for automation to reduce toil and increase development velocity.
- Perform application-specific production support, incident management, change management, problem management, RCAs, and service restoration as needed.
- Identify changes for the product architecture from the reliability, performance and availability perspective with a data driven approach.
- Analyze and address complex technical challenges and issues that arise during the software development & run lifecycle. Debug, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems efficiently.
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including design specifications, user guides, run books and best practice guidelines.
- Actively look for opportunities to improve the availability and performance of the system by applying the learnings from monitoring and observation.
- Collaborate with software development teams in the release management process and to shape the future roadmap and establish strong operational readiness across teams.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, such as sprint planning, stand-up meetings, and retrospectives.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and other engineers to ensure alignment and efficient project execution.
- Share your expertise and mentor engineers, helping them grow and develop their skills. Foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement within the team.
- Stay updated with the latest technologies, tools, and cloud computing. Proactively learn and adapt to new technologies to drive innovation.
- Collaborate with customers to understand their needs, gather feedback, and provide technical support and guidance as needed.
- Triage incoming Web Support escalation requests routing to applicable internal teams
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, service restoration, and serve as an incident commander during outage events.
Practices, Principles, Techniques
- Strong background as a SRE supporting a 24x7 highly available production environment for a SaaS or cloud service provider.
- Solid experience with Monitoring/APM/Observability tools (Data dog, Application Insights, Prometheus, Grafana etc.,)
- Familiarity with Azure Resources like Key Vault, Data Factory, Azure Databricks and Storage Accounts is a plus.
- Experience implementing observability plans around logs, metrics, and traces.
- Experience in an agile development team developing software.
- Implement and participate exercising best practices for CI/CD.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure environments, preferably Azure, and Infrastructure as code (Terraform, Bicep, ARM).
- Design, develop, and maintain infrastructure using popular IaC tools and technologies like Terraform, Helm, others.
- Strong experience with containerization technology and/or Kubernetes.
- Experience with Release automation, system administration, configuration management.
- Experience with programming languages (Python, Go, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Linux, Windows, software development, systems, networking, and cloud concepts.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports.
- Strong analytical and programming skills (Python, Go etc.).
- (Bonus) Experience with MLFlow and other MLOps pipeline technology
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Instrumentation strategy and Site Reliability Engineering (SRE)
- Release Communication and Collaboration
- Security and Compliance
- TDD (Test Driven Development, especially with respect to CI/CD and DevOps)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.Base Salary Pay Range*: USD $135,000 - USD $190,000
*The current applicable Base Salary Pay Range for this role is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills relevant to the role, internal equity, alignment with market data, or other law. Other Compensation / Benefit Overview
In addition to Base Salary, the successful candidate may be eligible to participate in the following plans / programs, upon satisfying all hiring requirements:
• Bonus Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Life Insurance and Disability Programs
• Retirement Savings with Company Match
• Paid Time Off
• Flexible Work Arrangements including Remote Work#REMOTE
#LI-BA1Beware of scams
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.