You as a Project Manager (Open) will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Cairo, Egypt. You will lead the execution of projects and ensures that all related activities are performed in accordance with company policies, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments. You will support the organization in process improvement to continually increase the effectiveness of project execution.
- Leading the project team, establishing the project execution approach and overseeing project hand-over, execution planning, monitoring and control activities for both internal and external resources to accomplish all project goals.
- Effectively monitoring and controlling project progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitoring and controlling project financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifying, qualifying, quantifying, and managing project risks, and ensuring that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Driving the formal acceptance of the project, ensuring contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer.
- Procuring all required services, materials, and equipment from external and internal suppliers, including support in negotiations, claims and project changes.
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Acting as the key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues.
- A Specialist Professional (P4) is a recognized subject matter expert in job area typically obtained through advanced education and work experience. Responsibilities typically include:
- Managing large projects or processes with limited oversight from manager.
- Coaching, reviewing and delegating work to lower-level professionals.
- Problems faced are difficult and often complex.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A university degree in Electrical / power engineering, an MBA is a plus.
- At least 7 years of work experience in project management.
- Technical knowledge on the high voltage substations and various power quality solutions.
- Experience managing HV transformation substations of 66 KV and above.
- Experience in using SAP and the project controls tools and PMP certified is an edge.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.