You as a Senior Commissioning Engineer will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. Authority for Telecommunications Commissioning discipline with medium to high complexity. Completing assignments on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Technical contribution: Coordinating with engineering discipline across several projects independently troubleshoot complex issues during commissioning able to perform technical audits and write technical reports. Providing technical support for testing, installation, and commissioning activities. Serving as a specialist in application of advanced concepts and methods. Good communication skills for knowledge transfer and trainings.
- Sales support: Assisting in preparing proposal and presentation of engineering projects and programs (provision of bills of materials, estimated engineering hours, etc.).
- Contract management: Supporting contract managers in issuing claims (new or change in scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications etc.). Providing cost effective quality solutions as per customer requirement and delivers within budget and contract. Ensuring adherence to safety standards and mitigation of potential risks.
- Planning and control: Creating work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility, reviewing budget and scheduling for assignments and ensuring quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost. Improving effectiveness of work plan in collaboration with other functions.
- Risk and opportunity management: Completing risk and opportunity assessments and ensures implementation of resulting actions in one’s area of responsibility. Reporting any contract or quality or program or cost issues to management along with recommendations for resolution.
- Customer: Interacting with customers, officials, contractors, and others and attending project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignments.
- Supply chain management: Collaborating with the supply chain function to ensure that technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed to with potential suppliers.
- Technical leadership and knowledge sharing: Maintaining network of commissioning professionals and shares commissioning best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Processes and tools: Developing, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and tools. Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements. Reporting processes and tools inefficiencies and suggesting ideas for improvements.
- People leadership and development: Coaching, providing, supporting and technical advice to colleagues assigning tasks for and directs engineers, technicians and administrative staff and may functionally lead a small team.
- Safety & Integrity: Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field is required.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in DWDM installation and commissioning and at least 5 years of experience in Huawei DWDM/MPLSTP especially working in a data center environment.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Multiplexer, LAN/WAN Systems, PABX/IP Telephony and wireless systems, standards, and specifications.
- In-depth product knowledge of different SDH & PDH products from multiple vendors including but not limited to Infinera /Coriant / Nokia Siemens Networks, Alcatel Lucent, Ericsson and provide first level technical / onsite support to other business segments within the company and to the customers.
- Highly organized and efficient coordination skills and ability to prioritize and multitask across many projects.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.