Hitachi Energy is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation.
Visit us - www.hitachienergy.com
About the business:
The Hitachi Energy Indian Operations Center (INOPC) is a competence center with around 2300 skilled engineers who focus on tendering, engineering, planning, procurement, project Management, functional system testing, installation supervision, documentation and commissioning. However, over the last decade, it has evolved to become the largest Operations hub.. The India Operations Centre team at Chennai, Bangalore and Gurugram supports Hitachi Energy’s units in more than 40 countries across a wide portfolio of all the four business units in Hitachi Energy To date, the team has executed engineering and commissioning for projects in more than 80 countries.
- Provide Level-3 technical support for global customers of Hitachi Energy for any escalations or queries related to MicroSCADA family Products.
- Work on day-to-day tickets, follow up with clients, provide feedback, and see problems through to resolution.
- Provide on-call off-hours support as required.
- Replicate the issues reported by the customers in the LAB environment and work with the R&D team to identify the root cause and fix the issue.
- Contribute to the knowledge base by creating KB articles and FAQs. Actively participate in training and improve product and process knowledge.
- Understand the SLAs and work/align style of working towards meeting them.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in Electronics and communications.
- Should have 4-10 yrs. of experience,
- Relevant Work Experience on MicroSCADA family Products- SYS600, SYS600C, Historian, SDM600, DMS600 Customer support experience with MicroSCADA family products, preferably worked as a technical support engineer/ Commissioning Engineer .
- Exposure to SYS600 engineering tools (View builder and Display builder)
- Experience working in a support lab environment for problem replication.
- Good understanding of Communication Protocols (IEC61850, IEC101, IC104, Modbus)
- Exposure to XML, SCIL coding
- Good understanding of Windows, SQL, and Patch updates.
- Excellent written and verbal communication ability.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write value added proposals for mainstream transformers and ensure they are captured in current tools.
- Responsible for all technical, financial (costs and prices) and management aspects of bids/estimates/ proposal
- Review and comment customer’s specification and requirements and determine appropriate solution for proposal
- Identifies potential risks in the bids/estimates/quotations
- Help with reviewing certain legal aspects – Terms and Conditions of Sales
- Participate on Risk Reviews and internal negotiation
- Communication with HE and external factories for technical and commercial clarifications
- Present proposed solution to HE Sales Team (giving final approval – SOX compliance)
- Support negotiation/clarification during bidding process
- Develop and maintain positive relationship with existing and new customers
- Ensures cross-collaboration within in the Sales/WCFE team, and actively promotes collaboration with HUB BU
- Use of judgment and initiative necessary to identify priorities, solve problems, meet schedule, adapt to change and choose the most efficient ways to do the work
- Track proposal status and follow-up with customers
- Act as call centre for clarifications and support with possibility to open factory case(s)
- True team player and NO silo mentality
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Basic understanding of electrical and mechanical systems
- < 2 years of experience, with a combination of engineering and/or tender/quotation experience
- Proficiency with CRM and BI tool landscape
- German (B2+) and English (mandatory)
- Ability to interpret product specifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills with strong organization and time
- Marketing and Sales acumen (with previous customer-facing experience preferably)
- Ability to handle many proposals simultaneously
- Ability to perform data entry for proposals & orders using internal tools
- Proven experience with successfully organizing complex processes and activities to deliver high quality proposals
- Proven development and maintenance of positive, cooperative, team-oriented relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, clients and others in contact with the job