Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are looking for our next “Category Manager, Metal Fabrication”, who will be able to demonstrate knowledge at Hitachi Energy in Kartal in İstanbul with below qualifications.
- Ensures identification, investigation, and selection of appropriate suppliers (focusing on quality, delivery, cost and sustainability) in accordance with Hitachi Energy policies.
- Negotiates agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews price lists, terms and conditions.
- Minimizes risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Hitachi Energy guidelines.
- Monitor the quality and delivery performance of the external suppliers in close coordination with factories.
- Analyze commodity spend, analyze market dynamics and price developments.
- Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly.
- Work closely with other functions to initiate, promote and support projects execution in order to bring value on total cost of ownership, risk mitigation, quality, cash, lead time, material availability.
- Adapts corporate contractual framework to the local business needs.
- Recommends frame agreements to management and executes upon approval.
- Contract risk management.
- Defines and establishes local standard agreements wherever needed.
- Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Hitachi Energy directives and guidelines.
- Designs and implements cost-out programs and/or processes to reach financial targets.
- Applies and implements SCM standards, tools, and processes focused on business continuity for the assigned commodity or group of commodities.
- A bachelor’s degree or above, Mechanical Engineering or similar.
- Very good command of written and spoken English.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Ability to manage teams across functional areas, business units, and across countries in respective HUB.
- Strong knowledge/ use of MS office tools, MS Teams, Power BI and SAP Ariba applications.
- Analytical mind with strong planning and self-learning skills, teamwork & result oriented.
- Target oriented, able to communicate effectively.
- Personal leadership and good communication skills.
- Able to initiate teamwork / capture team.
- Completed military service for male applicants.