Hitachi Solutions Europe is a global Digital, Data and Technology consultancy, Microsoft Inner Circle and Cloud Services partner, specialising in end-to-end transformation. We build services that are user centred and accessible, designed by our brilliant agile teams, capable of harnessing the power of the latest technologies.
Our capabilities include Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Azure, Application Modernisation, Modern Data Platform, Performance & Analytics, Fraud and Error, Grants, User Centred Design, Accessibility and Agile DevOps.
Our highly skilled team help drive improvements, creating efficiency and growth within organisations. We are committed to Microsoft technologies, with a mission to revolutionise modern businesses. To achieve this we employ the best, most dedicated talent to deliver outstanding technology solutions to both our local and global clients.Be part of our Hitachi family
We place value on collaboration, open communication, and transparency. We emphasise the importance of team spirit, cohesion, and appreciation - And through our talented people, innovative culture, and technical and business expertise, we deliver game changing outcomes every day. Our learning culture and flat hierarchy are our recipes for success. But don't take our word for it - Have a look at what our employees are saying: Hitachi Solutions: Recruiting the best talent and offering outstanding career opportunities (hitachi-solutions.co.uk)What to expect, your benefits
Hitachi Solutions offers competitive compensation packages (incl. bonuses), pension and benefits plans. Work/Life balance is an essential part of our culture, and all our employees are home workers, although you will be expected to come into our or customer's offices regularly. We operate a comprehensive career development programme that includes mentoring and training plans to ensure that you will continue to grow and develop your career at Hitachi.Job DescriptionRole
We are growing our User-Centred Design consulting team and are looking for a Senior User Researcher to join us on our exciting journey and be part of the Hitachi Solutions family. You'll have an opportunity to shape Hitachi's user research community and support us in delivering digital products and services for our clients in both public and private sectors.Key responsibilities
QualificationsAs an experienced Senior User Researcher, you have...
- Supporting the growth and development of the User Centred Design function
- Leading the planning, design and execution of user research for complex projects and/or programmes of work
- Conducting a range of research methods to understand user needs and behaviours, including contextual interviews, usability testing and surveys
- Supporting delivery teams to deliver accessible and inclusive digital products and services by doing research with diverse users, including participants with access needs and low digital skills
- Leading the collaborative analysis of research data - turning user research findings into actionable insights that influence the design and development of products and services
- Presenting and communicating insights to stakeholders that influence how decisions are made
- Identifying, mitigating, and escalating risks to conducting research
- Mentoring and upskilling user researchers and wider team members, with emphasis on how to apply research methods
- Sharing research insights and examples of best practice with user researchers across Hitachi
Diversity and Inclusion at Hitachi Solutions
- Understanding and applying research methods appropriate for the product lifecycle or phase
- Applying design thinking frameworks such as Double Diamond or government agile delivery phases
- Conducting research with diverse users to help teams deliver accessible and inclusive products and services
- Establishing and applying ethical research standards and practices to ensure research is conducted safely for all people involved
- Communicating research insights to drive changes in service and product design, and informs policy and organisational strategy
- Communicating, collaborating and constructively challenging ways of thinking with teams and stakeholders
- Establishing an effective user-centred design culture in a team or organisation
- Demonstrating the value of user-centred design to stakeholders and convincing them about the benefits of taking an evidence-based approach
- Working in multidisciplinary agile teams and advocating for best practices in challenging and fast-paced environments
- Conducting research on a wide variety of products and services across organisations and industries
Diversity is the wellspring of our innovation, and we believe that creativity is fuelled by inclusivity. Our collective success is achieved by fostering and respecting our employees' and customer's individualities coming together as One Team. Hitachi strives to create an environment not only where genders, races, cultures, sexual orientations, and identities can work together, but where the beliefs and views of those participating feel equally represented. You can read more about Hitachi's mission and values here: hitachi-solutions.co.ukAdditional Information
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.