Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Quality Engineer for it's Crystal Springs, MS location.
- Follow safe work practices, comply with policies and procedures, proper and safe use of equipment and tools, and identify and report unsafe working conditions.
- Perform statistical evaluation to validate and improve quality control measures for production.
- Develop and maintain process flow charts, control plans, PFMEA, and MSA throughout the manufacturing process and audit to ensure effectiveness.
- Proactively evaluate and develop quality processes, measure quality activities, review and coordinate quality assurance and quality control activities, and recommend and implement measures to improve operations efficiency, reduce costs, and increase customer satisfaction.
- Lead and participate in root cause investigations and analysis, determine and implement corrective and preventive actions to avoid recurrence.
- Ensure adherence to and drive improvement in conformance to ISO 9001:2015, CSA N299.3 standards and ASME, ASTM, IEC, IEEE product specifications. Contribute to change control, document control, design reviews and design documentation.
- Participate in new product gate reviews and analysis of specifications. Participate in supplier qualification, as necessary. Develop and deliver training material to improve and control product quality. Review customer orders for quality contract requirements, as necessary.
- Other duties as necessary, required and/or assigned.
- Living Hitachi Energy's core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or related field with 5+ years of experience as a Quality Engineer, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Must have experience in engineering and manufacturing industry particularly of electronic/electrical components.
- Ability to read and interpret specs, drawings, schematics, and part lists, including prior experience with electrical, electronics, and mechanical components for build requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches, and tools. Experience with statistical techniques, process control charts, data collection and analysis for problem resolution (5Why, Fishbone, FMEA, 8D, etc.) in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in ISO 9001. Proficiency in MS Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience with Minitab, SharePoint, Power BI, and SAP is desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.