• Conduct experiments and collect data to ensure devices meet performance and reliability standards.
• Identify and report any issues or discrepancies in the testing process.
• Assist in the setup and organization of the lab environment, including the installation of new equipment and arranging workstations.
• Maintain an orderly and efficient lab space to facilitate smooth operations.
• Work closely with the DevOps team to support and improve the infrastructure setup.
• Help automate software deployment processes and streamline workflows.Requirements:
• Contribute to the creation and execution of comprehensive test plans.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to test devices, software, solutions, etc. using our lab network and/or equipment.
• Proven experience as a network test engineer or relevant position
• Outstanding diagnostic, problem-solving and analytical skills
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of DevOps principles and experience with automation tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Terraform or similar.
• Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, Bash, or PowerShell for automation purposes.
• Good knowledge of LAN/WAN networks, VPN, TCP/IP protocols and network technologies such as routing and switching.
• Maintaining technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, and gateway.
• Hands-on experience troubleshooting network devices such as Routers, Switches and modems.
• CCENT/CCNA qualifications are preferred.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
GlobalLogic estimates the starting pay range for this role to be performed in San Jose CA and the salary range will be $110,000/yr to $120,000/yr and reflects base salary only. This pay range is provided as a good faith estimate and the amount offered may be higher or lower. GlobalLogic takes many factors into consideration in making an offer, including candidate qualifications, work experience, operational needs, travel and onsite requirements, internal peer equity, prevailing wage, responsibilities, and other market and business considerations.Preferences:
• As a Network Test and Support Specialist, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our laboratory facilities and supporting our DevOps infrastructure. Your primary responsibilities will include assisting with device testing, setting up the lab environment, configuring networking gear, automating repetitive tasks, and contributing to the development of testing tools and test plans.
• Have a strong desire to learn and work with new technologies on the cutting edge. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of network and security and preferably have experience in cloud-based technologies.
• Collaborate with the research and development teams to perform rigorous testing of lab devices and equipment.Job Responsibilities:
• Monitor system performance and assist in troubleshooting any technical issues.
• Identify areas of repetitive work and tasks that can be automated to enhance efficiency.
• Develop scripts and automation tools to offload manual and time-consuming tasks.
• Assist in configuring and setting up networking gear, ensuring connectivity and optimal performance.
• Troubleshoot network-related issues and implement solutions to improve network reliability.
• Collaborate with the development team to design and develop testing tools to enhance the testing process.What We OfferExciting Projects:
Come take your place at the forefront of digital transformation! With clients across all industries and sectors, we offer an opportunity to work on market-defining products using the latest technologies.Collaborative Environment:
You can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules and opportunities to work from home.Professional Development:
We provide continuing education classes, professional certification and training (technical, soft skills, language, and communication skills) to help you realize your professional goals. Being part of a global organization, there are additional learning opportunities through international knowledge exchanges.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, health and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, a matched contribution 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, and PTO and holidaysAbout GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.