We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.
Meet The Team
The Renewal Sales organization sits at the intersection of sales and services and is a critical part of the retention strategy for Hitachi Vantara's customer base. The Renewals Sales Director is responsible for retaining customers through the delivery of a renewed maintenance contract that underlies a customer's Install Base asset(s).
This leader will play an integral role across the end-to-end customer lifecycle and will interact with many internal organizations to present each customer/partner with a series of options tied to their assets/investments with Hitachi Vantara (e.g., renew a maintenance contract or partner with field sales team to position a potential new sale into the account).
Collectively, Renewals is a roughly 100 person, sales/operations/shared service (quoting & booking) organization that resides within the Global Customer Support & Success (GCS&S) team within the Consolidated Data Infrastructure Business (CDIB) unit of Hitachi Vantara. The Renewals organization contributes several hundred million dollars of revenue annually1 and is a vital component of the margin profile of the Company.
What You Will Be Doing (Responsibilities)
The Renewals team is responsible for driving renewal revenue through customer engagement, and for meeting/exceeding sales targets for all annuity renewals within an assigned geography or customer base. The Renewal Sales Director will maintain a solid understanding of the Hitachi Vantara services portfolio & renewals process and collaborate with the field/product sales team on sales strategies, identifying sales opportunities, and generating services quotes to drive a best-in-class, on-time renewal rate.
The Renewals Director will manage a team of sales professionals (10-15 resources) across geography. They will also play a highly influential role, determining activities and time frames for other functions within the broader Renewals organization (e.g., quoting/booking functions).
There are 3 Renewals Directors globally - one for each geography. The role requires skills across 3 key competency areas: Thought | Results Orientation | People & Relationship Mgmt.
• Develop a deep expertise and understanding of Hitachi Vantara's maintenance and support programs, license agreements, service terms & conditions, service offerings, services pricing and renewal selling motions.
• Apply knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance the organization's goals
• Build strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
• Interpret & apply understanding of key financial indicators to make (better) business decisions
• Make sense of complex, high quantity, & sometimes contradictory info to effectively solve problems
• Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
• Direct the team on how best to research customer contracts and purchasing history in Hitachi Vantara's various customer management systems in order to create timely and accurate renewal quotations
• Provide direction, delegate, and remove obstacles to get work done
• Plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
• Consistently achieve results, even under tough circumstances
• Meet and/or exceed quarterly targets for bookings, on-time renewals and days-in-advance quoting
• Manage the opportunity pipeline from week-to-week while providing accurate and timely updates to management relative to progress/outlook toward Annual Operation Plan (AOP)/forecast)
People & Relationship Management
• Build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
• Effectively build formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization
• Build strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
• Attract and select the best talent to meet current and future business needs
• Anticipate and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Develop and deliver multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
• Use compelling arguments to gain the support and commitment of others
• Handle conflict situations effectively, with a minimum of noise
• Paint a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
What You Bring to The Team (Qualifications including Education)
The role will also require several key self-management competencies. It is important that the Renewals Director is authentic, open, flexible and adaptable. Below are additional qualifications of the function:
• Undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in Business/Comp Science or similar discipline
• 12+ years' experience in management (preferably in the IT industry & desirably across multiple facets of business)
• Renewals experience is beneficial but not required
• Ability to work cross-functionally with business partners in sales, legal, finance, etc. to resolve issues raised by customers.
• Ability to quickly gain confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
• Ability to operate effectively in the "gray"/when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
• Ability to adapt approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.