We are looking for a dedicated Mechanical Design Engineer at Hitachi Energy, Instrument Transformers business in Richland, MS. This is an opportunity to work with engineering challenges related to specialty transformers. This role includes hands-on participation in different engineering tasks as well as communication with different stakeholders.
- Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products.
- Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs.
- Generate working prototypes for testing and customer demonstration.
- Leads R&D projects in accordance with internal procedures and project models to meet project targets.
- Leads project development activities and their timely implementation with respect to safety, quality and cost.
- Actively cooperates with other Hitachi Energy factories and technology centers.
- Perform engineering calculations to support design work
- Perform engineering calculations to verify seismic capacity of High voltage products per applicable IEEE standard and be responsible for maintaining and updating product documentation.
- Create and review bill of materials
- Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
- Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
- Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget
- Supporting various cross functions like SCM, project management, and quality for understanding the customer requirements and specifications.
- Directly responsible for maintaining and updating the documentation for respective projects.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- 4 years bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering from an Accredited University with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Must be knowledgeable on relevant international standards e.g., IEEE, IEC, etc.
- Working experience with PTC products, including Creo, Windchill, mechanical simulations highly desired.
- Work experience with Windchill data management or any PLM software is highly desired. Additional experience with developing electromechanical products (preferably with medium to high voltage transformers), is highly desired and an added advantage.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, in English language.
- Must be able to manage large, complex multidiscipline projects as well multi-task small projects and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project and SAP.
- Must have exceptional technical and problem-solving skills and reasoning ability.
- Must demonstrate excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and a great team worker.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.