We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. Meet the Team
The Level 1 Global Technical Support Technician role is to provide professional, courteous, and effective technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving/escalating end user's requests and issues. This position will be based in Mexico City, Mexico. This is a hybrid role- Will need to come in to the Mexico City office as needed 50% of the timeWhat You Will Be Doing
• Take ownership of all tickets routed from internal contact sources or customers which require a higher level of technical analysis and will work these tickets to resolution with end user through call medium of support or route to the appropriate resolution group.
• Handles problems and issues that users are unable to resolve
• Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process
• Interact with multiple support teams to restore service and/or identify and correct core problem
• Communicating with the Shift Lead and/or direct leadership chain on intra-day issues, team projects and needs, escalations, and performance trending
• Keep up to date knowledge on continuous enhancements to IT, tools, and processes within the internal knowledge base
• Assists the Shift Leader in developing and implementing SLA performance improvement / enhancement plans
• Build relationship/trust with all associates so that they are comfortable approaching them for resolution of customer issues
• Resolve Tickets within scope of responsibilities according to defined procedures
• During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool, including initial interaction, triage, escalation, and status updates as requested
• Follow best practice ticket management processes, i.e. ensuring tickets owned are handled and updated as per process & every effort is made to meet service levels
• Present a positive, effective, and flexible contribution to achieving team targets and objectives
• Pro-activeness and technical appetite to explore and obtain solutions for unknown issues Hitachi Vantara is a global company and the candidate will be interacting with staff remotely across all regions where English is the language of choice. The candidate must be fluent in English What You Will Bring to the Team:
• Minimum of 2+ years of relevant work experience in a technical helpdesk role
• Working knowledge of computer hardware and software
• Working knowledge of computer operating systems; including Windows 10 and OS X
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Exchange Management Console, SCCM, MobileIron, Citrix XenDesktop Cisco VPN/Remote Connectivity, etc.
• Working knowledge of mobile device support; including Android and iOS.
• Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills
• Proven customer service skills Professional skill qualifications:
• Effective in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to retain information and train quickly
• Self-motivated and directed
• Fluency in English (both written and spoken).