You as a Health Safety Environment Specialist for Transformer Service, will be part of Power Grids business based in Modderfontein, South Africa. You are responsible to improve Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) performance in the respective organization to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on the environment. Support the business by applying in-depth HSE knowledge to offer solutions and advice. Facilitate delivery of support from the Center of Expertise (CoE) and ensure effective risk management through HSE excellence along Hitachi’s value chain.
- Metrics: Reports HSE incidents, Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across Hitachi Energy to management and employees. Reports progress on implementation of Hitachi Energy Group Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to Hitachi Energy Group, as required.
- Regulatory compliance: Implements policies and standards. Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to program for audit. Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and Hitachi Energy’s Group policy, instructions, and standards.
- Risk management: Facilitates HSE risks assessment by line management involving shop floor employees, i.e., those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Continuous improvement: Drives behavioral change through implementing Group-wide performance improvement programs and practices locally to ensure an exemplary health and safety culture as well as a strong focus on environment throughout the respective organization.
- Communication and engagement: Engage external (e.g., customers, suppliers, and other stakeholders) and internal stakeholders in order to report on, raise awareness and gain commitment on Hitachi Energy 's HSE efforts and performance and obtain objective feedback. Cooperates with other functions, the CoE and business partners to drive HSE performance.
- Operational support: Ensures appropriate safety equipment and tools are available and used. Identifies, plans and initiates training need, e.g., for employees, site managers, and agree with, and ensures delivery of training from the CoE. Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems (e.g., ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001).
- Project management: Contributes to and/or plans and executes HSE, Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility (CR) related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials, and other relevant factors.
- Safety & Integrity: Living core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Lives core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Minimum Diploma or any other engineering certificate with known HSE credentials like NEBOSH or SAMTRAC required.
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in HSE field is required.
- Experience in the High Voltage environment will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrate understanding of risk assessment and work method of statement.
- Demonstrate understanding of ISO management systems (ISO 45001,14001).
- Registration with professional body SACPCMP (The South African Council for the Project and Construction Management Professions) will be an added advantage.
- Experience with the implementation of the ISO14001 and Iso45001 Management Systems will an added advantage.