This position will be part of the xEV Drive Unit team for Electric Vehicle products and will be responsible for the Drive Unit Trade Compliance through the Production Control and Logistics department. Under the direct supervision of higher-level management, this position is primarily responsible for providing guidance, instruction and document completion for import/export transactions ensuring compliance to company policy and government requirements. This position exercises independent judgment and operates within established corporate guidelines.
- Help to manage compliance for import/export, including evaluation of Customs Broker performance.
- Self-motivated to see areas for improvement in the I/E group and assist in projects.
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills to support day to day communication with Customers & Brokers.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree or commensurate experience in Operations Supervision, Distribution, Supply-Chain, or Purchasing disciplines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Intermediate experience required in Windows, MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP system
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in working shifts as required to meet production schedules
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree concentrating in Supply Chain or Business fields of study
- Advanced experience with ERP
- Customs Broker License
Essential to Job Functions – Physical and/or Mental Restrictions:
- Ability to work flexible schedule including all shifts and days as needed
- Ability to work for extended periods of time while sitting
- Standing, walking, and bending for the duration of the workday
- Ability to lift 35lbs from floor to a height of 4ft
- Visual ability to work accurately with detailed information and a computer screen
- Ability to travel for business (Domestic and Overseas)
- Intermediate experience required in Windows, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Excel
- ERP systems (SAP, Glovia, etc.)
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Make sound business decisions, exercise good judgment and maintain high level of motivation
- Maintain effectiveness in high visibility situations, manage multiple functions efficiently and ensure department deadlines are met
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization
- Promote and carry out the Hitachi Core Values
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Confers with and prepares reports for upper management and possibly other organizations
- Maintains clean and orderly work environment according to 6S
- Interacts with various levels of associates
Production and Location Start-up Duties:
- Work within small team to develop new manufacturing location and new processes to support smooth mass production start-up of EV products
- Support development of import/export requirements for the logistics systems
- Facilitate installation of Astemo ERP system into facility as related to Import/Export
- Typical NPI duties as detailed by internal Astemo and customer requirements for start-up of new product/location
Work Environment – Travel, Noise, Smells, Quiet, Indoors or Outdoors, etc.
- Requires 5~10% travel
- Open-Office Setting
- Factory Setting with Noise
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.