We are currently looking for talented candidates with mechanical engineering background to join Hitachi Energy R&D HVDC department in Grid Integration business unit in Beijing. You will be involved in product and technology development for Hitachi Energy's Business Units globally.
- Work in new product development projects focusing on converter valve mechanical design tasks involving multi-disciplinary areas – for example heat transfer, electrical insulation, strength of materials and manufacturing technologies.
- Preparation of 3D CAD Models, drawings and BOM.
- Perform simulation and calculation of products and technologies under development – for example finite element simulations and strength calculations.
- Participate in verification tests from early prototype testing to final verification of converter valve design.
- Analysis and design the cutting-edge products for future HVDC markets.
- Provide technical support for delivery and under commissioning projects.
- A challenging position in a global R&D team, working in the front line of HVDC technologies.
- The opportunity for professional and personal development through training.
- The opportunity to witness the evolution of high voltage products and technologies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. or PhD. in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Deep understanding of mechanical core competences, material selection, manufacturing methods and basic understanding of electrical technology.
- An innovative and creative attitude and mind-set.
- Experience in modeling and design tools.
- Professional written and spoken communication skills in English.
- Experience in NX/TeamCenter or CAD/CAE software e.g. Creo, SolidWorks, Ansys, Abaqus.
- Experience in electrical equipment design and high-voltage devices.
- Experience in product lifecycle design aspects such as reliability, safety, maintainability, tooling, and manufacturing requirements.
- Experience in electromechanical design from electric power industry or design of high voltage product.