The heavy lift sourcing specialist is managing sourcing activities related to the heavy lift transportation for the allotted countries within region Asia, Pacific, Middle East, Africa, and Turkey (APMEA).
Execute sourcing strategies and leverage purchasing power of Hitachi Energy enabling the factories to achieve their respective performance targets. Lead all negotiation and agreement writing with
Control that allotted factories in the region are compliant to the processes, tools, rules, and guidelines in
- The heavy lift sourcing specialist is responsible for procuring day to day heavy lift transportation services for allotted factories and service units within APMEA.
- Heavy lift sourcing execution (RFI / RFP / RFQ) - Prepare scope of work with all operational details for heavy lift projects in line with factory/service unit requirements.
- Transport Budgeting for Heavy Lift including the transport requirements analysis, existing frame agreements check, preparation of the transport budget or launching the RFI/RFP process.
- Launch the RFI/RFP process for Heavy Lift tenders including the preparation of the transport scenarios and transport cost calculation ending with submission of the Logistics Concept & Budget/
- Ensure that all heavy lift projects have a transport project budget agreed with the factory.
- End-to-end RFP (Request for Proposal) and RFQ (Request for Quotation) for Heavy Lift: RFP and RFQ preparation and launch, bid collection, proposals and technical & commercial concept evaluation, scenarios preparation, risk & opportunities calculation, awarding & contract finalization, SAP TM update.
- Negotiation and agreement writing with forwarders.
- Responsible for the end-to-end H/L sourcing escalation process including but not limited to evaluate requests, reasons, and options, negotiate with contracted Logistics Service Provider, document potential logistic concept changes and reasons, launch RFx, cancel potential contract with existing LSP and assign new provider, update Supplier Non-Conformities and escalate as needed within the defined threshold Ensure that all costs are aligned with the tariffs and agreements negotiated with suppliers with forwarders.
- Responsible for heavy lift transportation cost reduction, vendor compliance and cost out initiatives.
- Evaluate issue case related to customs and documentation and provide feedback to transport specialist on the shared timeline for issue resolution.
- Handle claims with the supplier as part of the Claim Management Process for Heavy Lift Project including the negotiation with the supplier and confirmation of contractual obligations.
- Establish and maintain productive relationships with Service providers / forwarders.
- Bachelor’s’ degree in Engineering, Supply chain management, Logistics or equivalent.
- Minimum five years of experience in supply chain management, heavy lift and project logistics or other strategic position containing a large part of negotiation & supplier base management.
- Strong negotiation skills & Deep knowledge in transportation terms and conditions as part of agreement writing.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time-sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with heavy lift transport cost structures, terms, and conditions within the transport industry (such as Incoterms, surcharges, weight, and volume conversion factors etc.).
- Knowledge of international supply and logistics.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills.
- Diplomatic communicator who can establish good relationships between forwarders and internal stakeholders.
- Team player, results-oriented with the ability to learn quickly.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritize assignments to complete work in a timely manner with a sense of urgency.
- Customer oriented approach and ready to engage with users.
- Willingness to travel is necessary.
- Fluent high-level English is a must. Other languages Thai or Malay are desirable.
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint, Knowledge of MS Access Database and/or SQL programming is desirable.
- Experience in Tender Management especially using “on-line” sourcing tools is an advantage.