We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is a member of the Finance team who will ensure accurate processing and recording of the company's payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and work in partnership with internal and external stakeholders. This role is required to support payroll activities for APAC countries and act as focal payroll point of contact for the payroll of those countries.
The core responsibilities include:
- Monthly payroll activities:
- Ensure that employee payroll is processed accurately and timely.
- Preparation of input for payroll calculation, including overtime, and expatriate. All administration related to pensions, vacation days, insurances, bonuses, statutory contributions, and other benefits.
- Oversees deliverables from external payroll provider.
- Reviews and checks the payroll output before HR and Finance Manager.
- Preparation of payroll file for finance team to process payment.
- Ensure that employee payroll processing is compliant with tax rules, federal and state laws.
- Assist in tax calculations, filing activities and reports as per local tax regulations.
- Support local statutory regulation submissions in collaboration with external payroll provider.
- Preparation and submission of all documents and information required in accordance with local regulations (e.g. regulatory bodies, tax authorities, external auditors).
- Provide support documents/reports for finance, internal and external audit purposes if necessary.
- Responsible for handling any audit request from authority tax / statutory department related to payroll.
- Post payroll accounting activities:
- Prepare and upload accounting journals relating to payroll, benefits and vacation for posting.
- Other activities:
- Analyze payroll issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Maintain employee payroll records and timesheet data for future references.
- Documented of all key payroll related procedures with periodic review to ensure regulatory requirement are maintained.
- Other ad hoc activities including but not limited to:
- Participation and lead the global and regional payroll projects and initiatives.
- Support all payroll enquiries from internal business units with utilizing the knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders across the business to provide information that support business decision making and ad hoc requests.
- Provide on-the-job trainings and mentor team member as needed.
- Backup for other countries' payroll tasks as needed.
- Other additional assignments may be required by the role.
- 5-7 years direct experience involved in processing payroll for APAC countries. Additional exposure to Australia and New Zealand countries is a plus.
- Certified Payroll Professional ("CPP") preferred but not required. Minimum a payroll related qualification is good to have.
- Strong working knowledge of payroll best practices, including federal and state regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and good knowledge of relevant software (e.g. Oracle ERP, Workday, Ceridian)
- Strong interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- High degree of integrity and professionalism as this requires handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to facilitate and influence changes in internal and external groups
- Organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills.
- Able to work well with different teams across different geographies.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.