Job ID: R0043039
Date Posted: Feb 24, 2024
Segment: Others (Including Headquarters and R&D )
Business Unit: Hitachi Regional Headquarters
Company Name: HITACHI EUROPE S.A. (SPAIN)
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Summary of the position:
Responsible for answering technical questions about Hitachi Global Air Power products including installations, maintenance, repairs, and troubleshooting. Work with various departments at Hitachi Global Air Power to address concerns from the field to drive issues to a timely closure. Document service visits and generate reports with action items. Support Hitachi Global Air Power Training Department for customers, distributors, and employees.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Support Service Manager
• Provide technical assistance related to Hitachi Global Air Power products via phone and email queues.
• Travel to field-based jobsites to troubleshoot and assist in repair of Hitachi Global Air Power systems.
• Follow standard work for pre- and post-service preparation (submit expense reports, develop service reports, make travel arrangements).
• Follow all Environmental Health and Safety policies and procedures.
• Communicate distributor feedback to Hitachi Global Air Power management as VOC.
• Drive field concerns to closure in a timely manner.
• Assist in writing technical service bulletins.
• Review technical manuals for accuracy and completeness.
• Participate in new product development to provide prospective from the service point of view.
• Participate in warranty reduction efforts by looking at service trends, analysing failure modes, and providing feedback.
• Participate in Air audits and provide analysis and recommendations.
• Create and provide model specific training to Hitachi Global Air Power distributors and end users.
• Support Sales and Parts teams with parts identification.
• Create service maintenance matrix.
• Up to 20% overnight travel.
• Associate degree a plus.
• Technical Trade School a plus.
• 5+ years of technical troubleshooting of Compressor experience.
• Demonstrated success in technical training of compressed air systems.
• Experience with industrial product manufacturing and engineering processes.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to engage and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization.
• Strong grasp of Microsoft office tools required.
• Ability to read and understand schematics.
• Ability to work independently or on a team.
• On time to all meetings/appointments/and scheduled engagements.
• Diligent to work habits.
• Dedicated to completion of responsibilities.
• Willing to accept responsibilities within a team environment.
The successful candidate is responsible for complying with Hitachi Global Air Power’s Code of Ethics and related policies. In performing the job, the incumbent shall take all steps necessary to comply with our safety rules and requirements and must actively support the organization's efforts to meet and exceed its goals of creating and maintaining a safe workplace.
This description is to serve as a guide. It is intended to be flexible and will continue to evolve over time with business needs and demands and may be updated periodically and at the Company's discretion.
Hitachi Global Air Power is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, or other protected categories under applicable law, whether in recruitment, employment, promotion, transfer, compensation, or other conditions of employment.