Hitachi Energy is seeking for a Product Manager Asset Modeling Broomfield, CO location.
Support business results by overseeing all steps in the product/service life cycle including roadmap development, launch, maintenance, releases, pricing, and profitability according to market needs and Product Group strategy and targets.
- Product Responsibility: Asset Modeling product line, which is comprehensive of production cost models and generation/capacity expansion models.
- Product Lifecycle Existing Product: Owns the technical and market specification for the existing or new products and services and determines a products and services business plan that supports sustainable growth.
- Leads life cycle management process, analyzes current products, defines and tracks performance metrics, plans appropriate measures (e.g. enhancements, costs reductions, phase-outs) and makes decisions on products and services obsolescence and end-of-life to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximize profitability.
- As needed sets technical, price, cost and capital expenditure targets.
- Contributes to development of new portfolios by leading customers need and value analysis, planning the roadmap to create maximum value, and follow-up of product and service portfolio performance.
- Prioritizes new products and service development projects with responsibility for achievement of targets and coordinating cross-functional teams.
- Owns and approves defined product and services development process stage gates.
- Responsible for the profitability of the product/service by defining product/service pricing guidelines and market position. Drives the annual business planning process and facilitates agreement between sales demand and supply. Monitors global sales target fulfilment and acts as appropriate.
- Internal / external interface: Acts as interface between external market and internal functions (e.g. Sales, Ops, R&D), forecasting markets and product(s) direction and providing inputs to ensure bandwidth and skill sets are aligned. Executed through existing client discussions / evaluator discussions / support / research. Maintains a view of the market and competitors as well as changing client needs and expectations to gain a view on where our products need to be in the future.
- Product market communications: Initiates and drives product market communication strategy, including product launch planning and implementation. Manages different channel to market scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales to ensure best market coverage.
- Marketing and Sales support: Ensures technical and commercial support to Sales force for critical or special negotiations. Where required present roadmap to clients/prospects. Collaborates with internal Marketing and Sales teams to define the marketing plan, including marketing communication activities, training activities and sales initiatives. Provides specialist content to marketing materials.
- Product values: Defines product customer value proposition per segment /channel and ensures clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear product positioning within the portfolio with defined values per product line. Identifies typical client types and matches client needs to our current and planned product feature to ensure our sales and marketing efforts can be targeted.
- Innovation: Initiates and drives cross-functional and cross-organization product and solution innovation with other product managers, monitors development of all standards and market trends and provides inputs to R&D for intellectual property rights protection. Collaboratively plans with other Product Managers to develop broader Analytics roadmap.
- Analysis: Coordinates analysis to evaluate market and contribute to marketing plan development. To support this role the Product Manager meets with customers/prospects and internal stakeholders to determine the product direction necessary to achieve near- and long- term revenue targets. The Product Manager works closely with the Pre-sales/Industry Solution Executives to identify how the company can differentiate over competitors, and to define and validate a roadmap and market requirements that will gain market share.
- People leadership and development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business, Mathematics, Economics or related technical area.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Post graduate degree and experience is a plus. 3-5 years of software product management experience is a plus.
- Real world experience with production cost model usage in transmission planning, generation planning, energy trading or research application and/or experience with Integrated Resource Planning or capacity expansion engines is a plus.
- Ten years’ experience in the energy markets specifically focused on energy data, production cost modeling and energy market planning is a plus. Strong collaboration skills working in Agile Scrum environment.
- Strong presentation skills. Strategic thinking. Business mind.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.