We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. Meet The Team
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., guides our customers from what's now to what's next by solving their digital challenges. Working alongside each customer, we apply our unmatched industrial and digital capabilities to their data and applications to benefit both business and society. More than 80% of the Fortune 100 trust Hitachi Vantara to help them develop new revenue streams, unlock competitive advantages, lower costs, enhance customer experiences, and deliver social and environmental value. What You Will Be Doing
The Service Delivery Manager (SDM) is responsible for the operational service delivery and the day-to day relationship for the assigned customer account(s). Responsibilities include 24x7 IT operation support using an ITIL framework, strategic planning, architecture design, and implementation.
The Service Delivery Manager will also take lead in customer meetings, capacity planning and forecast, headcount forecast, budgeting, vendor management and audit compliance (SOX, PCI, etc.), along with planning, assigning, and directing of work within the team, and appraising performance of personnel. Primary Responsibilities
• Primary responsibility of IT Operations of the assigned account(s) on a daily basis
• Provide weekly operations meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi
• Provide monthly governance meetings and reports with the customer and Hitachi.
• Act as the situation manager in the event of a critical incident for the assigned account(s).
• Owns and ensures timely incident escalation occurs in accordance with established policies, procedures, and SLA requirements for the assigned account(s).
• Primary accountability for delivery within the boundaries of the P&L, while ensuring Service Levels are met including capacity management (logistics, planning and execution) and performance management.
• Ensure that Hitachi meets or exceeds the SLAs and Contract Deliverables
• Accountable for the delivery team that handles the day-to-day operations of the infrastructure for which Hitachi is responsible.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff including providing career development and training plans.
• Reports to the Client Director and supports the Client Director in furthering the relationship the customer
• Owns the creation, establishment and maintenance of IT policies, procedures and practices using ITIL framework to efficiently manage the storage infrastructure
• Ensures compliance with established policies, procedures and practices defined by Hitachi for managing the infrastructure
• Analyses and reports actual to contracted SLA performance levels
• Identifies, manages, and reports continuous improvement initiatives within the account. What You Will Bring To The Team
• 8-10 years of Delivery Management and/or IT Operations Management experience in the Financial Services or IT Services industry.
• Minimum 5 years' experience successfully delivering within a Managed Services environment.
• ITIL Certification required.
• Proficient with hardware, software and operating systems found in enterprise environments.
• Strong understanding of multiple business environments.
• Prior experience leading and motivating a delivery team.
• Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in IT Management or other related technology fields of study. Our Company
Hitachi Vantara is part of the Global Hitachi family. We balance innovation with an open, friendly culture and the backing of a long-established parent company, known for its ethical reputation. We guide customers from what's now to what's next by unlocking the value of their data and applications to solve their digital challenges, achieving outcomes that benefit both business and society.
Our people are our biggest asset, they drive our innovation advantage and we strive to offer a flexible and collaborative workplace where they can thrive. Diversity of thought is welcomed and our employee base is represented by several active Employee Resource Group communities. We offer industry leading benefits packages (flexible working, generous pension and private healthcare) and promote a creative and inclusive culture. If driving real change gives you a sense of pride and you are passionate about powering social good, we'd love to hear from you. Our Values
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all and are open to considering home working, compressed/flexible hours and flexible arrangements. Get in touch with us to explore how we might be able to accommodate your specific needs.
We are proud to say we are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. With Japanese roots going back over 100 years, our culture is founded on the values of our parent company expressed as the Hitachi Spirit:
Wa - Harmony, Trust, Respect
Makoto - Sincerity, Fairness, Honesty, Integrity
Kaitakusha-Seishin - Pioneering Spirit, Challenge