You as a Senior Quality Assurance Specialist will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Abu Dhabi, UAE. This role is responsible to encompasses the performance and support for the installed base, as well as High Voltage products (GIS, LTB, AIS, GCB & Power Quality) maintenance services to our utility, contractor and reporting to HUB quality manager and overseeing all aspects of the quality management system and will be able to ensure all materials, processes, and procedures meet regulatory and quality standards, and promptly resolve any issues or discrepancies that may arise. The position also includes the coordination of investigations of customer-reported issues and assisting to achieve equitable solutions for our customers.
- Arranging and performing activities in shop floor, Site related to quality checking of product or Services, incoming material quality, operation Service quality monitoring and sustaining a safe environment by implementing HSE requirements.
- Collaborating with all departments for deviation detection, nonconformance follow ups, root cause analysis, COPQ capturing/ reporting, improvement action implementation and continuous improvement and responsible for planning, scheduling, and documenting the execution of internal audits for the Quality department.
- Attending and participating in the internal/external audits (ISO, Hitachi Energy, Customer) and work with all departments to close all findings and improvements.
- Providing support during internal audits, certification audits and management reviews. (QMS & Internal Quality Auditing) and maintaining quality management system records, files, and databases in a neat and orderly fashion and in compliance with the document management system and applicable standards.
- Proactively evaluate and develop quality processes, measure quality activities, review and coordinate quality assurance and quality control activities
- Analyzing QA and/or other data for trends and issue reports, as needed. Use various statistical analyses to solve business/quality problems and participating in organizational changes and lean culture implementation within the BU.
- Implementing and monitoring the quality strategy for materials, customer complaints and processes using predefined quality KPI’s.
- Monitoring customer complaints and feedback and arranging, performing failure analysis, reports using 8D template or similar.
- Responsibility on process development, procedures, templates and working instructions related Incoming quality and supplier quality.
- Coordinate the execution of improvement projects and monitoring supplier quality performance, material management and analysis and follow up corrective actions related to NCRs and CCRPs.
- Acts as voice of customer back into internal engineering and quality functions. Effectively manages multifunctional interfaces - internal, feeder factories, service department, customers, and sub suppliers.
- Ability to show personal leadership & maintain a teamwork environment to deliver assignments. Strong self-disciplined approach to ensure quality and accuracy of delivery and responsible for adherence to the quality assurance requirements on the power plant / substation / oil & gas / process Industries site and seeks to improve these continually.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical or mechanical engineering field is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in quality department.
- Working knowledge in SAP QM, Quality Tools, RCA, Lean Six Sigma.
- Team player with the ability to network and build relationships both internally and externally and highly focus to meet customer service and quality standards.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.