Our client's product acquires data from 200 jurisdictions globally by means of data feeds, web crawling and publications/gazettes. The master data system ingests, enriches and stores data in order to support a complex ecosystem of platforms which underpin their managed search, screening and watch services.
The current master data system is based on C#, MS SQL and MySQL. We are helping our client build a new team to build out and transition to a replacement platform using managed services in the cloud.
The ideal candidate will have had prior experience with traditional database-driven software in .Net and Microsoft SQL and more recent experience with modern cloud Data Warehouse, Data Lake and ETL platforms.Requirements:Technical Skills:
- Cloud Data Lakes and Warehouses, such as Databricks, Redshift or Snowflake;
- SQL programming, including cloud/distributed SQL engines;
- Relational databases, such as SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle;
- Apache Spark, or similar;
- Cloud ETL such as DBT, Matillion, talend;
- Cloud Hosting with AWS;
- Columnar data stores;
- Non-relational databases such as Redis or MongoDB;
- Source Control and CI/CD systems, such as Git;
- Engineering Practices, such as TDD and continuous integration;
- Technical documentation, such as coding styles, branching strategies and functional specifications;
- Automated enforcement of policies (e.g. linting, static analysis, stylecop);
- Agile development practices and continuous improvement;
- Adopter of Open Source and awareness of intellectual property concerns;Beneficial Skills and Experience:
- Elasticsearch or Solr;
- Familiarity with web crawling, OCR and PDF extraction;
- Familiarity with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing;
- Data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau, or Power BI;Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing the vision and delivering a future master data, ingestion and analytics platform for Trademark Solutions, based on scalable cloud technologies;
- Transition data flows and dependencies from the legacy DMS to the new cloud data platform in order to enable DMS to be decommissioned;
- Integrate machine learning into the data pipelines in order to enrich the data;
- Increase levels of automation;
- Establish monitoring and measurement of data quality & ingestion processes;
- Ensure a well-designed data model where changes are managed and coordinated across the system;
- Establish Continuous Integration, Delivery and Deployment pipelines, Infrastructure as code and Zero-downtime release processes;
- Deliver quality code and create full documentation, including flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code, for all developed solutions;What We OfferEmpowering Projects:
With 500+ clients spanning diverse industries and domains, we provide an exciting opportunity to contribute to groundbreaking projects that leverage cutting-edge technologies. As a team, we engineer digital products that positively impact people's lives.Empowering Growth:
We foster a culture of continuous learning and professional development. Our dedication is to provide timely and comprehensive assistance for every consultant through our dedicated Learning & Development team, ensuring their continuous growth and success.DE&I Matters:
At GlobalLogic, we deeply value and embrace diversity
. We are dedicated to providing equal
opportunities for all individuals, fostering an inclusive
and empowering work environment.Career Development:
Our corporate culture places a strong emphasis on career development, offering abundant opportunities for growth. Regular interactions with our teams ensure their engagement, motivation, and recognition. We empower our team members to pursue their career goals with confidence and enthusiasm.Comprehensive Benefits:
In addition to equitable compensation, we provide a comprehensive benefits package that prioritizes the overall well-being of our consultants. We genuinely care about their health and strive to create a positive work environment.Flexible Opportunities:
At GlobalLogic, we prioritize work-life balance by offering flexible opportunities tailored to your lifestyle. Explore relocation and rotation options for diverse cultural and professional experiences in different countries with our company.About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.