We are currently seeking a seasoned sales professional in our US Hitachi Energy Sales organization, focused on our Grid Automation portfolio. This position will be based in the Central Region – Minneapolis, MN, Kansas City, MO, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Denver, CO, or St Louis, MO.
This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important Grid Automation customers. Supporting the Account Managers in the Central Key Account Group, this role will be responsible for driving and achieving Grid Automation sales targets, defining account strategy, pipeline development and management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. This position’s scope is the entire range of products, systems and services within Grid Automation that Hitachi Energy offers.
- Account Strategies – Drives and monitors the development of Grid Automation sales strategies for accounts in the Central Key Account Group by working closely with the Account Managers.
- Sales Targets - Manages / achieves Grid Automation specific sales targets, account coverage, & customer satisfaction targets for the specific accounts; takes accountability for the Grid Automation monthly, quarterly, & annual results on the Central Key Account budget and targets.
- Account Plan/Account management – Accountable for driving / supporting the development and implementation of the account plans through the Account Managers to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, and identifying a target for each solution element. Develops recovery plans with the Account Manager in case of potential Budget variances.
- Customer Relations - Establishes and develops account relationships in concert with the Account Managers based on a defined strategy. Manages meaningful customer engagements with support from lines of business; acts as focal point for problem resolution while monitoring the successful close out of issues & actions; and demonstrates ability to build lasting, trusting, & widespread relationships across the customer’s organization. Defining key decision makers and building relationships with them is a must.
- Market Activity – Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented. Create and present Competitive Market Analysis during the account planning process.
- Portfolio Master - Promotes frame agreements with customers to simplify the business process; represents / promotes products, systems, & services across Grid Automation business unit; and demonstrate ability to combine discrete products & services into a comprehensive solution. In depth knowledge of all products, systems and services for Grid Automation.
- Customer Insight - Develops / maintains detailed understanding of the customers’ business strategy, purchasing behavior, & organizational structure (including customer needs, regulatory drivers, threats, economic trends, & competition); and provides insight to customers by providing knowledge to guide customers as they navigate alternatives.
- Industry & Market Knowledge - Understand market dynamics & macroeconomic influencers; maintain awareness of competitors’ activity with each potential & existing account and ensure that appropriate response strategies are formulated & implemented (including, but not limited to, technical & commercial feedback in accordance with Hitachi Energy’s ethics & compliance guidelines).
- Customer & Strategy Teamwork - Participates with sales management, co-workers, & business unit leadership to develop & drive the execution of established account plans with the Account Managers; delivers new insights and connects experts to the customers while respectfully challenging the status quo; actively engages in critical project touch points, anticipate the need for intervention & escalation, and take action to initiate such communication.
- Marketing - Coordinates the use of internal and/or external resources to introduce meaningful concepts & solutions for the customers; this may include trade show / exposition attendance, Account Manager-initiated customer entertainment activities, executive round tables, and/or organizing more technology-specific events for your customers.
- Administration: Enters & maintains relevant sales data into appropriate databases & systems, including pipeline management, expenses, reports, and ad-hoc requests for marketing input. Project Management, both internal and external, will be mandatory for a successful sale cycle.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years of directly related experience to the role. Additionally, candidate with an Associate’s degree or High School Diploma (GED) will be considered based upon the specifics of the experience.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- High percentage of travel will be required
- Must be located in the identified sales Account Group (Central)
- Experience is preferred in sales or business development working with clients in the Grid Automation market.
- Degrees in Engineering, Project Management, Sales and/or Marketing are preferred. However, other disciplines will be considered with proven technical selling aptitude.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.