Project Management Manager
Job ID: R0043214
Date Posted: Feb 1, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY HIGH VOLTAGE SWITCHGEAR CO., LTD., BEIJING
Profession (Job Category): Project/Program Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Management
Job Schedule: Full time
- Contributes to implementation of continuous improvements for the project execution strategy for the local project operation, in alignment with BU and LBU business strategies.
- Ensures the local portfolio of projects is managed consistently, based on best practices and Hitachi Energy's Policies.
- Leads the Project Management Office team and ensures that ABB policies, i.e. directives, instructions and guidelines are followed. Develops, and continuously improves respective processes, based on industry best practices.
- Ensures that findings from lessons learned from project execution are incorporated in continuous improvement actions.
- Participates in Bid/Sales Phase, i.e. in estimating and resource planning.
- Oversees project management activities at the portfolio level through project reviews with the management team and Project Managers. Takes an active role in resolving escalated issues.
- Oversees the proper application of contract and claim management methods in accordance with policies, and contractual agreements.
- Builds and maintain relationships with key stakeholders of the PMO. Serves as an escalation point for individual and systemic project management issues.
- Reinforces and maintains a culture of Health & Safety in all project operations.
- Leads the PMO team to establish and enforce an effective project management approach to achieve both project and organizational goals. Develops project organization, jointly with management team and Project Managers. Plans, assigns and manages project resources based on competencies, project fit and availability.
- Develops the project management capacity and capability in line with Hitachi energy's Group directives and processes.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is structured to fit the business model, sufficiently staffed with skilled resources and directed appropriately. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect reports.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- You hold a Electrical Engineering, mechanical engineering or relevant degree in engineering, good knowledge about power products with project management certification is preferred.
- More than 3-10 years in project management experience, oversea project experience is preferred.
- Good office software tools knowledge, such as Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, SAP.
- Strong leadership and people management ability.
- Fluent oral and writing communication skill in English.