Act as commissioning Engineer of projects with low to medium complexity. Ensure completion of all commissioning activities efficiently, in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards, and safety requirements.
- Technical contribution Contributes to planning and implementation of commissioning activities at site. Supports and coordinates the installation activities with the Installation Supervisor / Site Manager. Implements commissioning design changes and provides mark-ups for as-built project documentation.
- Studying and understanding the project contract specification. Planning and control the overall site commissioning activities to meet the commissioning deadline and project closure.
- Risk and opportunity Conducts risk and opportunity assessments during commissioning phase to ensure implementation of commissioning plan, identifies and reports potential risks related to contract/quality/program/cost and recommends resolutions to management. Initiates and monitors risk mitigation plan in one’s area of responsibility and ensures stakeholders are updated on associated technical risks. Conducts Safety Observation tour regularly to report and mitigate potential HSE hazards.
- Customers Coordination for site commissioning activities. Identifies and recommends new effective solutions to meet commissioning target and customer needs. Provides relevant information pertaining to commissioning assignments and meetings with customer.
- Design related issues which was gathered from the past projects to be fixed properly to reduce the commissioning man hours at upcoming project sites.
- Product FAT inspection at vendor/supplier’s factory.
- Testing and commissioning coordination with third party testing agencies/service Engineers at site.
- Processes and tools Uses standard processes to ensure all commissioning activities comply with required safety regulations, contractual requirements, and international standards.
- Lesson learnt and RCA to be prepared for the incident which is related to commissioning works needs to be circulated among the commissioning team members.
- Living Hitachi Energy core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A Bachelor/Master’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering required.
- Must have atleast 5years of relevant experience in Substation Commissioning Engineering.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.