This position will be part of the xEV Drive Unit team for Electric Vehicle products and will be responsible for providing Supplier Quality support internally to the plant manufacturing teams for both New Product Introduction and Mass Production activity. This position has direct contact with multiple departments within the manufacturing site and will support customer requests when supplied parts are involved. Overall requirement of the Supplier Quality Coordinator is to ensure that raw materials and components meet all regulatory, customer and design requirements. In addition, to manage supplier change points, provide support to suppliers, and lead Corrective Actions (and reporting) for supplier related internal and customer complaints. This position offers opportunities to work with a wide variety of aspects of the manufacturing processes, a wide variety of departments and levels of management within the company, suppliers and customers both domestic and international. Essential functions of this job include:
- Confirming supplier manufacturing processes are/can produce product in accordance to specifications through verification, audits, measurements, trials, experiments and reports/presentations to internal management
- Manage Change Points from the supplier to gain customer approval for initial production parts
- Daily customer service and plant support activities
- Lead internal teams in the corrective action (root cause and countermeasure) activities, report generation and presentation for supplier complaints
- Lead SQ staff for incoming parts inspection
Works with other team members (Process Engineers, Test Engineers, Analysis Engineers, QA Engineers Maintenance, Technical Associates and Production (management and production floor personnel.)
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree in Electrical Engineering with 4 years related work experience in manufacturing
- Knowledge for Quality Systems (PPAP/IPPAAR part approval, CAPA corrective/preventive actions)
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance (GD&T), print interpretation
- Knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical Schematics and component part specifications
- Ability to understand and explain component and circuit functions in relation to overall product design
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally required (up to 35%)
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- Work experience in automotive industry, with emphasis in electro/mechanical devices
- Previous Management experience in supplier quality
- Knowledge of EV components such as inverters and motors
- Experience dealing with suppliers
- Bilingual Japanese language / translation
- Knowledge of Quality Systems such as IATF16949, PPAP, CAPA, NPI (New Product Introduction), APQP, FMEA, Control Plans, etc.
- Experience with development of SAP, Control Plans, FMEA’s, Process Operations Standards, etc.
- Knowledge of IPC-A-610, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies (acceptance criteria or workmanship for electronic assemblies)
- Sound knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering to assist with decisions related to Electro-Mechanical Processes
- Well organized, attention to detail and able to handle multiple deadlines and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills to prepare and present technical information to all levels of management and customers verbally and written.
- Ability to lead projects obtaining the support of multiple departments
- Analytical skills to understand product and process change points impact.
- Knowledge with problem solving tools, such as 5P, 5-why, Fishbone, FTA etc.…with strong aptitude toward root cause analysis
Essential to Job Functions – Physical and/or Mental Restrictions:
- Ability to work flexible schedule including all shifts and days as needed
- Ability to work for long periods of time while sitting
- Standing, walking, and bending for the duration of the workday
- Ability to lift 35lbs from floor to a height of 4ft
- Ability to push or pull pallet jack up to 450lbs
- Visual ability to work accurately with detailed information and a computer screen
- Ability to use hand tools and view small components through a microscope for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel for business (Domestic and Overseas)
- Intermediate experience required in Windows, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Excel
Production and Location Start-up Duties:
- Work within small team to develop manufacturing location and processes to support smooth mass production start-up of EV products.
- Support Design team in development of quality controls mechanisms for supplied parts for EV products.
- Support PE test in development of equipment controls and lot controls for supplied EV parts.
- Support supplied development of packaging and repack activities for supplied parts.
- Develop testing equipment and procedures for verification and product analysis of supplied parts.
- Typical NPI duties as detailed by internal Astemo and customer requirements for start-up of new product/location.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Make sound business decisions, exercise good judgment and maintain high level of motivation
- Maintain effectiveness in high visibility situations, handle multiple functions efficiently and ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to successfully work in a remote environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization needed
- Confers with and prepares reports for upper management
- Maintain functional knowledge of processes, procedures and equipment within manufacturing
- Promote and carry out the Hitachi Core Values
- Maintain a clean and orderly work environment according to 6S
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Serve as liaison between the plant and suppliers for Quality functions
Work Environment – Travel, Noise, Smells, Quiet, Indoors or Outdoors, etc.
- Requires 10~25% travel – Domestic and International
- Open-Office Setting
- Factory Setting with Noise
- Personal Computer
- Simple measurement devices
- Electro/Mechanical Testing Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.