This position will be part of the xEV Drive Unit team for Electric Vehicle products and will be responsible for the new process development, equipment runoff, installation, and continuously improving manufacturing equipment for EV Rotor production lines as well as mass production support. This position has direct contact with multiple departments within the manufacturing site and will support other departments for all equipment related concerns.
Overall requirements of the Rotor Manufacturing Engineer are to ensure that production equipment runs to equipment specification and produces EV Rotor products based on the product specifications, and customer requirement, including ensuring that equipment is verified and qualified for mass production utilization.
This position offers opportunities to work with a wide variety of aspects of the manufacturing processes, a wide variety of departments and levels of management within the company both domestic and international. Essential functions of this job include:
- Confirm that equipment is installed and meets required specification
- Confirm that equipment is maintained and working properly
- Ensure that equipment is safe to utilize for all associates
- Confirm that all product requirements are met through online testing, including the verification (daily and validation)
- Assist other departments in setting up testing trials/experiments for customer/internal troubles, including countermeasure activity as needed
Works with other team members (Process Engineer, Test Engineer, Quality Engineers, Analysis Engineer, Maintenance, Technical Associates, Production Management and production floor personnel.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology or similar degree and 3 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge/experience with troubleshooting production equipment
- Knowledge of electronics, mechanics, pneumatics and computer programming
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in working shifts as required to meet production schedules
- Experience in PLC troubleshooting
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- Work experience in automotive industry, with emphasis in electro/mechanical devices
- Knowledge of EV components such as inverters and motors
- Knowledge/experience with equipment runoff
- Knowledge/experience with power electronics
- Fluency in Japanese language
- Knowledge/experience with automotive power electronics
Essential to Job Functions – Physical and/or Mental Restrictions:
- Ability to work flexible schedule including all shifts and days as needed
- Ability to work for long periods of time while sitting
- Standing, walking, and bending for the duration of the workday
- Ability to lift 35lbs from floor to a height of 4ft
- Ability to push or pull pallet jack up to 450lbs
- Visual ability to work accurately with detailed information and a computer screen
- Ability to travel for business (Domestic and Overseas)
- Intermediate experience required in Windows, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Excel
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks
- Ladder Logic – various platforms
Production and Location Start-up Duties:
- Work within small team to develop manufacturing processes to support smooth mass production start-up of EV products.
- Support PE team in development, manufacturing and installation of the production equipment.
- Facility development and preparation for EV equipment installation and mass production
- Typical NPI duties as detailed by internal Astemo and customer requirements for start-up of new product/location.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Make sound business decisions, exercise good judgment and maintain high level of motivation
- Maintain effectiveness in high visibility situations, handle multiple functions efficiently and ensure deadlines are met
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization needed
- Maintain functional knowledge of processes, procedures and equipment within manufacturing
- Promote and carry out the Hitachi Core Values
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Confers with and prepares reports for upper management and possibly other organizations
- Maintains clean and orderly work environment according to 6S
- Interacts with various levels of associates
Work Environment – Travel, Noise, Smells, Quiet, Indoors or Outdoors, etc.
- Travel Required: 5~10% Domestic; 5~10% International (during project start-up phase)
- Open-Office Setting
- Factory Setting with Noise
- Personal Computer
- Hand and power tools
- Electro/Mechanical Testing Equipment
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.