This position will be part of the xEV Motor team for Electric Vehicle products and will be responsible for the Motor Production groups. The purpose of the Motor Assiatant Production Manager position is to implement the activities for the Motor production departments based on the goals of the plant and the department/division. This position is responsible for adherence to departmental and company policies and procedures including NPI project management guidelines and mass production support. The Motor Assiatant Production Manager will provide support for the development, installation, launch and mass production of the production site by setting up systems and training for smooth production operations. This position offers opportunities to work with a wide variety of departments and levels of management within the company both domestic and international.
Essential functions of this job include:
- Maintain budget of the Drive Unit production operations.
- Maintaining a stable and trained Drive Unit work force so that production can meet the customer requirements.
- Maintain a clean and orderly Drive Unit production area consistent with Astemo philosophies.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 2-year College Degree and 5 years’ experience in manufacturing management
- Knowledge of computer systems and spreadsheets necessary to perform job duties
- Self-motivated individual
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexible in working shifts as required to meet production schedules
Preferred Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Skills):
- 4-year College Degree in Business Management or Administration, Organizational Leadership, Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
Essential to Job Functions – Physical and/or Mental Restrictions:
- Ability to work flexible schedule including all shifts and days as needed
- Ability to work for extended periods of time while sitting
- Standing, walking, and bending for the duration of the workday
- Ability to lift 35lbs from floor to a height of 4ft
- Ability to push or pull pallet jack up to 450lbs
- Visual ability to work accurately with detailed information and a computer screen
- Ability to travel for business (Domestic and Overseas)
- Intermediate experience required in Windows, MSWord, PowerPoint, and Excel
- ERP systems (SAP, Glovia, etc.…)
Production and Location Start-up Duties:
- Work within small team to develop new manufacturing location and new processes to support smooth mass production start-up of EV products
- Support development of production systems. Including associate training, inventory control, scrap/repair activity and department policies (work instruction and business system).
- Support installation of Astemo ERP system into facility
- Typical NPI duties as detailed by internal Astemo and customer requirements for start-up of new product/location
Skills and Abilities:
- Proven ability to make sound business decisions, exercise good judgment, and be highly motivated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, high level of accuracy
- Confers with and prepares reports for upper management and possibly other Astemo locations
- Develops and controls department or corporate budgets and approves expenditures
- Maintains clean and orderly work environment
- Ensures all local, state, and federal laws and regulations are complied with in functional area
- Conducts performance evaluations for subordinate personnel and provides support / training as needed
- Provides strong leadership to subordinate personnel
- Interacts with various levels of associates
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, market demand, and confers with all departments to assess feasibility of projects
- Improves manufacturing proficiency levels to meet plant goals and objectives
- Maintains knowledge of all processes, procedures, and equipment within Production
- Coordinates and recommends cost savings and efficiency ideas for the facility
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization needed
- Production Coordinators and Team Leads
- Quality Coordinators and Staff
- Hourly work force
Work Environment – Travel, Noise, Smells, Quiet, Indoors or Outdoors, etc.
- Requires 25% travel – Domestic and International (may include short term assignment in foreign country)
- Open-Office Setting
- Factory Setting with Noise
- Personal Computer
- Fork truck, hand-jack
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job at Hitachi, please send the nature of request and contact information to [email protected]. Queries other than accommodation requests will not be responded to.