Our Hitachi Energy business is currently seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve as an Account Manager and contribute to our Sales team focused on renewable customers. This position will be based in Dallas, TX, Chicago, IL or Raleigh, NC.
The Account Manager is a critical part of Hitachi Energy’ strategy. This position will be responsible for building and expanding relationships with strategically important renewable customers. Assigned to one or more accounts, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving sales targets, pipeline management, relationship management and strategic account planning while maintaining customer satisfaction as measured by the Net Promoter Score. The Account Manager represents the entire range of products, systems and services Hitachi Energy offers to a certain account. The Account Manager will lead the account planning cycle and ensure their needs and expectations are met by the company.
- Account Strategies – Participates in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans within an account team environment.
- Sales Targets – Proposes sales targets and inputs to grow margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow-up process
- Account plan – Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls
- Customer Relations – Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Plans, facilities and conducts customer negotiations.
- Customer Knowledge- Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Volume and Profit – Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets.
- Market Activity – Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Sales – Creates added value for the customer and Hitachi Energy by ensuring a deep understanding of the customers applications. Communicates details in accordance with Hitachi Energy supply, offering and strategy. Instills customer confidence based upon strong technical understanding of products/systems and communication of that knowledge into customer solutions. Challenges internal and external to explore new options and solutions.
- Marketing – Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. – technical, advertising and marketing) in order to provide value added service to accounts.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum of 3 years’ experience in technical Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and/or Marketing.
- Candidate must already have work authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States.
- Master’s degree will also be considered an equivalent of 3 years of experience.
- Willingness to travel
- Strong customer relationship skills; Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Candidate must already have work permanent authorization that would permit them to work for Hitachi Energy in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering-related field
- Recent experience working with the sales & marketing of Power Distribution products (e.g. transformer systems, switchgear, circuit breakers, etc.).
- Experience with Salesforce
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Hitachi Energy career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling a Hitachi Energy HR Representative at 1-888-504-2007 or by sending an email to: [email protected]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.