You as a Market Manager will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Johannesburg, South Africa. Driving the sales team in marketing and sales activities for the business unit and representing the interests of the business unit in the given territory. Developing profitable and sustainable sales for the complete business unit portfolio in each territory. Implementing the strategies in conjunction with business unit sales & marketing manager and sales management.
- Sales and marketing: Leading and implementation of business unit strategies and initiatives at a country level to ensure appropriate sales and marketing efforts within the country. Ensuring the business unit portfolio is appropriately represented in the local market. Maintaining cost controls for assigned Business Unit within the local market.
- Market coverage: Managing and responsible for the demand & supply market for business unit including third party sales, internal sales, and channels and maintaining demand & supply side budget of the Country.
- Planning: Developing business strategies and sales and marketing plans in partnership with local marketing and Sales teams. Participating in the budgeting process, including preparing the order commitment sheet (OCS), representing the Business Unit in the local market.
- Product marketing: Coordinating product lifecycle marketing and ensures effective execution in the local market. coordinates and supports the factory sales and marketing activities in the country.
- Market analysis: Overseeing the market intelligence process ensuring detailed market analyses of market drivers and trends, key competition, and emerging technologies. Producing monthly and ad-hoc reports to monitor market and progress.
- Resources: Ensuring local sales teams are provided with necessary training and receive appropriate accreditation. Working together with local sales & marketing, marketing unit and marketing communication for planning and implementation of marketing activities.
- Customer relations: In line with the sales team strategy manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Serves as escalation point for questions and issues and collects customer feedback and input.
- Bid and proposal: Ensuring proposals are developed and approved to enable negotiations. Overseeing quotations to promote optimal outcome. Ensuring all status updates and documentation are accurately tracked in appropriate systems. Taking local responsibility for the Business Unit mix and maintains the accuracy of data for project pipeline and orders received forecast and competitive feedback. Ensures that the project risks are covered with the mitigation measures.
- After sales: Organizing and promoting after sales service activities. Ensuring appropriate order handling of products/systems/services and contracts are appropriately managed with adherence to payment terms.
- People leadership and development: Ensuring that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Coaching, motivating, and developing direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies. Driving and ensuring know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Safety & Integrity: Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in relevant field is required.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years of experience in High voltage or medium voltage or Transmissions & Distributions is preferred.
- Technical knowledge in product range and people management is required.
- Interaction with stakeholders across business, cross team and countries, also work experience in Africa is preferred.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.