You as a Business Development Manager (Transformers) - Industries & Renewables for Southern Africa will be part of Hitachi Energy business based in Johannesburg, South Africa. You will be responsible for planning and ensuring execution of Business Unit Transformers or Product Group sales strategy for, Renewable segment including solar PV, wind and Energy Storage to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products and services in a profitable way. Responsible for leading and developing to exceed the sales targets through high performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction. You will be planning and ensuring execution of Business Unit Transformers or Product Group sales strategy for Industry segment including mining, Oil, Chemicals and Gas (OCG) and manufacturing to achieve both qualitative and quantitative targets for products and services in a profitable way. Responsible for leading and developing to exceed the sales targets through high performance in order to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Creating, planning and implementing sales strategy, and strategic sales and business development initiatives, in alignment with global sales strategy. Achieves sales targets in respect of both budgets and sales efficiency.
- Establishing sales targets and ensuring sales achievement through regular oversight and definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Identifying opportunities at existing and potential new customers within defined geographical area and determines plans for acquisition and allocates resources.
- Coordinating the flow of information for sales activities and transactions, including leads, billings, orders, contracts, etc. and evaluates data to ensure achievement of goals. Monitors and provides reports to the Marketing and Sales organization on market intelligence. Works with the Business Line Market Managers to coordinate sales activities between the business lines and exploit synergies.
- Supporting the development of strong relationships with key customers. Builds and maintains strong relationships with key decision makers. Ensures efficient marketing communications.
- Ensuring achievement of sales volume and product mix targets by setting appropriate price and margin for sales. Participates on negotiations of key contracts. Manages ongoing costs.
- Monitoring client financial status and reports any changes regarding risk to relevant internal partner teams. Identifies and manages potential risks relating to contract agreements across customers/channels.
- Taking ownership of the sales processes, and all relevant training and development plans, actions and programs.
- Managing the strategic relationship with the direct end users, developers, EPCS and other role players in the industrial and renewable segment. Propose recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with 7 to 10 years of professional experience working with Sales, Marketing, or Product Management.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required.
- Renewables & Industrial Markets experience preferred.
- Experience in dealing with the sales channel and/or sales representatives in the energy industry.
- Recent experience in the critical infrastructure, energy, Transmission and Distribution industries, specifically with High and Medium Voltage equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of the Energy Market and experience working with transformers and/or related products is an asset.
- Experience with Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC) firms, General Contractors, Independent Power Producers (IPP), Utility Scale Energy Developers and Industry field is an asset.
- Must have a technical mindset to build customer confidence in solutions to open doors and command respect when proposing solutions and support close the deal.
- A profound sense of quality and a keen interest in complexities, a sense of urgency, and persistence in achieving goals. Demonstrate strong teamwork skills, leadership, and strong priority.
- Ability to create and maintain partnership relations with internal and external collaborators (networking) as well as the ability to create a strong buy-in from the Sales Force and supply factories, to rally them to your objectives.
- Experience in value-based and strategic selling to take the lead in high level sales engagements is an asset.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.