We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. The team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. The role
Provide technical System Administrative support for a large ScaleIO-RHEL Environment for a Global Financial services client
• RHEL Operating System Maintenance, OS-Patching, install and maintain security updates and patches for Audit/Compliance
• Monitor global SIO environment, Triage issues and escalate for timely resolution.
• Manage, troubleshoot and perform break-fix on HPE and Dell hardware.
• Change and incident management for alerts and planned activity .
• Provisioning storage based on clients requests.
• Assist in SIO-Build process.
• Work with vendors to troubleshoot the platform and SIO related issues.
• Monitor status of critical system services reporting performance and server health.
• At times work across multiple time zones and infrastructure areas support teams to ensure high level of support service (while work is predominantly NAM time zone)
• Provide after-hours support for NAM and weekend support for monitoring and implementing weekend tasks.
• Manage a workload which is subject to changing priorities and demands;
• Create and maintain a knowledge base to ensure that knowledge transfer takes place within the team; What you'll bring
• Minimum 8 years of experience with strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience in: Linux operating system administration (Redhat, AIX, Solaris) with emphasis on Volume management. Knowledge on ScaleIO is an added advantage
• Up to date hands-on experience on RedHat is a must. AIX and/or Solaris experience is required. Could be used a while ago but candidate had to be proficient in these OSes.
• Understanding of differences between SAN and NAS storage: pros, cons, where fits better, when to use, when not recommended.
• Clustering solutions:
o Veritas Cluster, HACMP/PowerHA - hands on experience, Oracle RAC awareness and understanding - no hands-on experience required here but must know how to deal with it from the OS level.
• Proficient with SAN storage administration at the client level:
o Configuration of SAN storage at the OS level including Oracle ASM and Sybase RAW devices,
management of SAN storage using LVMs (Logical Volume Managers) like native OS LVMs and VxVM (Veritas Volume Manager),
o Multipathing software (native RedHat DeviceMapper, native AIX solution, EMC PowerPath, VxDMP),
o Migration of SAN storage, LUNs replacement. Preparation, requirements, online/offline methods, possible impact for applications
o Understanding of SAN storage protection: snapshots, replication synchronous/asynchronous,
analysis of SAN performance issues
o Troubleshooting of SAN related issues at the client level. Strong understanding of SAN network and storage arrays concepts. RAID, LUN, masking, SAN zoning, HBAs, FC ports, cabling, flash storage. Hands-on experience not required here but must know what it is, what for, what provides, how affects clients which are using SAN storage.
• Knowledge of Veritas product suite including Volume Manager and Cluster Server;
• Knowledge and understanding of naming services such as Active Directory/LDAP/CentrifyDC;
• Standard office automation products (Word, Excel, Outlook);
• Able to work remotely as required;
• Prior experience in large scale enterprise infrastructure support
• Experience in Infrastructure Support Group in a high availability/mission critical environment;
• Experience in managing communications across business and technology stakeholders at varying levels across a medium to large scale enterprise;
• Experience of Linux Systems Administration to a certifiable level;
• Analytic and methodical approach to problem solving;
• Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment;
• Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative; communication, influencing and organizational skills are a must;
• Demonstrate accountability, leadership, independent initiatives and willingness to lead and work with teams across multiple locations and time zones;
• Strong team player skills;
• Flexible and being able to manage time effectively;
• Able to work with sense of urgency under multiple deadlines and successfully organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision;
• Fluent English. Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.