Job ID: R0036992
Date Posted: Feb 6, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Rail
Company Name: Hitachi Rail S.p.A.
Profession (Job Category): Other
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Hitachi Rail is looking for an enthusiastic self-motivated Brake System Engineer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate is comfortable performing a wide range of tasks in Engineering Department. The position is based in Naples - IT
A career at Hitachi Rail will help create a legacy. With operations in every corner of the world, our work goes to the cutting-edge of digital transformation and technology. From the multi-cultural strength of our global organisation to the sustainable and innovative ways we work to bring people together, there’s something for everyone to get stuck into. And that’s where you come in.
• Analysis of brake system performance, functional and integration requirements in cooperation with Train System Engineer and the project team
• Preparation of Brake System Requirements specification for given suppliers
• Definition of Brake system architecture and performances with suppliers and Train System Engineer
• Development Functional specifications for the integration and operation on the vehicle
• Preparation of the system performance and functional test specifications
• Support for tests activities at the supplier facilities and on the vehicle up the validation/homologation completion
Required Skills/ Knowledge
• Experience of at least 2 years in the railway industry with System Engineering roles
• Knowledge of the basic concepts of the RAMS disciplines is an advantage.
• Knowledge of the main regulations/standards relating to on-board systems in the railway business and specifically for brake systems
• Knowledge of the main office automation software/tools (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Knowledge of the system engineering processes throughout the life cycle of the product and with an interdisciplinary approach.
• Recommended knowledge of electrical/mechanical design topics and software (Autocad, Creo, Catia, Scilab, Matlab,)
• Knowledge of the IBM DOORS requirements management tool
• Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organisation, with the aptitude to contribute with constructive and practical ideas and efforts.
• Readiness to work effectively in a collaborative and international environment.
• Ability to work autonomously and together in teams is required.
• Availability for national and international business trips.
Desired Skills/ Knowledge
• Ability to manage and plan the assigned tasks independently and team-working. • Ability to analyze business requirements, problem-solving attitude and business process analysis. • Ability to face with the different internal functions (internal customer) and external (suppliers, customers, partners). • Planning and organization. • Versatile in learning and strong desire to remain up-to-date with changes in technology and best industry practices.
• Strong business acumen & technical skills.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Attitude to work in an international and multi-cultural reality.
Education / Qualifications
Degree in Electrical, Electronic or Vehicle Transportation Engineering or equivalent
Good knowledge of written and spoken English is mandatory. English language knowledge on at least international C1 level
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Join us at https://www.hitachirail.com/careers
It is our commitment at Hitachi Rail to create a diverse environment and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We would be delighted if you would be one of our followers!
Have a glance at our LinkedIn page https://www.linkedin.com/company/hitachirail/