Job ID: R0042927
Date Posted: Feb 7, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY SERVICES SP. Z O.O.
Profession (Job Category): Engineering & Science
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
Nostradamus AI is algorithm agnostic and agile platform that allows for a rapid adoption of new Machine Learning (ML) technologies. It combines data science and domain expertise with flexible REST API connectivity and provides centralized data science to prevent redundancy. With domain expertise to support continuous improvement and enhancement it leverages energy-specific knowledge.
You will join a Machine Learning team of software engineers creating solutions and tools. We maintain the platform, runtime environment, libraries, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
As a Technical Leader/Architect, you will join the team in Krakow, working closely with colleagues from AI/Data Science world. The team works according to their preferences - 100% online, or hybrid, or 100% from the office.
The software you will be responsible for building is deployed as microservices, so you will have opportunities to excel with your experience with Kubernetes, dockers, or containerized development skills. We deploy our solution on Microsoft Azure, on-premise, and soon on Google Cloud Platform. All the communication between product elements is based on HTTP REST API calls and asynchronous communication (Kafka). We work in Agile, we use Scrum.
As a Technical Leader, you will also need to understand the technology dependencies of the ML processes and propose the most efficient solution to the new projects. This means you will have to take on a leader role in work related to architecture and design. Last but not least, as a senior developer within the team, other colleagues will seek your help with their problems related to the coding work or other issues.
As a Technical Development Leader/Architect, you will join the team in Krakow, working closely with colleagues from AI/Data Science world. The team works according to their preferences - remotely or hybrid, or 100% from the office.
• Cooperating with product owners, engineers, and business stakeholders to analyze the requirements and develop the enterprise-class solution
• Understanding the influence of microservices architecture, Kubernetes, Docker, and containers in the development
• Developing relevant architecture diagrams, documentation, and corresponding presentations to communicate overall design and implementation approach to a wide range of stakeholders
• Introducing CI/CD practices to ensure that code is easy to understand and maintain.
• Coding in C#, .NET 7 and 8, REST APIs and from time-to-time SQL
• Ensuring best-in-class performance and responsiveness of the product
• Becoming a valuable part of a team working in Agile SDLC methodology
• Supporting the team of developers with technical guidance
• Performing code reviews
• Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from a college or university in computer science, information sciences, or a related field
• 8+ years of hands-on experience with developing enterprise software
• Experience in designing and successfully deploying microservices system in either of the platforms: Azure, on-premise or GCP
• Familiarity with Apache Kafka
• Familiarity with Windows and Linux
• Experience with PostgreSQL, Entity Framework development is a plus
• Experience with ML systems is a plus
• Excellent communication in English to explain and document your ideas and plans for different audiences
• Open-minded and would like to learn and develop yourself and your software engineering skills