Hitachi Solutions Europe is a global Digital, Data and Technology consultancy, Microsoft Gold partner and Cloud Services partner, specialising in end-to-end transformation.
As a global consultancy firm working across the private and public sectors, we specialise in Dynamics 365 Business Applications, Power Platform, including Azure, Application Modernisation and Data & Analytics.
Our highly skilled team help drive improvements, creating efficiency and growth within organisations. We are committed to Microsoft technologies, with a mission to revolutionise modern businesses. To achieve this we employ the best, most dedicated talent to deliver outstanding technology solutions to both our local and global clients.Be part of our Hitachi family
We place value on collaboration, open communication, and transparency. We emphasise the importance of team spirit, cohesion, and appreciation - And through our talented people, innovative culture, and technical and business expertise, we deliver game changing outcomes every day. Our learning culture and flat hierarchy are our recipes for success. But don't take our word for it - Have a look at what our employees are saying: Hitachi Solutions: Recruiting the best talent and offering outstanding career opportunities (hitachi-solutions.co.uk)What to expect, your benefits
Hitachi Solutions offers competitive compensation packages (incl. bonuses), pension and benefits plans. Work/Life balance is an essential part of our culture, and all our employees are home workers, although you will be expected to come into our or customer's offices regularly. We operate a comprehensive career development programme that includes mentoring and training plans to ensure that you will continue to grow and develop your career at Hitachi.Job Description
We are growing our Delivery team
and looking for a Senior Project Manager
to join us on our exciting journey and be part of the Hitachi Solutions family.Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall delivery of projects up to £8m on a day-by-day basis to time, quality and budget in accordance with the contract.
- Responsible for project scope, and adhering to the published methodology and project controls.
- Responsible for the preparation and communication of most project deliverables, including forecasts, timesheet management, project status reports (PSRs), etc, in full dialogue with the Project Director.
- Responsible for the management of large project budget and associated communication, such as forecasting and client reporting. Is able to resolve most budget challenges independently, informing the Project Director of key decisions.
- Planning, delegating, monitoring and controlling all of the Project Team's activities in accordance with the project plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project plan is resourced throughout all phases of the project lifecycle, and ensuring that all resourcing demands for the project are managed via the agreed request process.
- Responsible for ensuring that the project plan can be delivered when considering all external factors, and taking any remedial actions, and escalating as necessary
- Responsible for preparing and presenting large, complex change requests, in dialogue with the Project Director, in order to govern changes in scope, cost and time, and be able to resolve minor conflict situations.
- Ensuring that the acceptance process is followed, and that all deliverables, milestones, and project phases are accepted, and that written evidence is obtained by the client before proceeding.
- Act as a point of contact for the Project Team and escalate any required actions, issues, or risks to the Steering Group.
- Responsible for ensuring that all identified risks, issues, and actions are captured, and contain the appropriate level of detail, including ownership, priority and date.
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness of the financial status of the client's account and support Finance with any debt collection and/or debt recovery activities
- Responsible for mentoring and developing Project Managers under their span of control or as advised by the Programme Director
- Execute assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with Hitachi Solution Europe Ltd's Quality Management Policy.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities; is able to manage a team of up to 25 people, and is able to provide support, guidance, and motivation for team members, identifying where additional time needs to be set aside to provide additional support, and escalates to the Project Director when progress is not made.
- Experienced at working with defined project methodologies, and project governance models, and is able to articulate the benefits and structure of the methodology to the team and the client.
- Structured and disciplined, with strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Able to produce high quality and professional written documentation including Work Orders, Contracts and Presentations.
- Commercially aware, with good conflict resolutoin and negotiation skills.
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected]
domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.