Hub BU Operation Manager, South Asia, High Voltage
Job ID: R0041636
Date Posted: Feb 8, 2024
Segment: Green Energy & Mobility
Business Unit: Hitachi Energy
Company Name: HITACHI ENERGY INDIA LIMITED
Profession (Job Category): Quality Management
Job Type (Experience Level): Experienced
Job Schedule: Full time
- Deploys and executes the Hub strategy to continuous improvement and Business Unit’s strategy deployment. Facilitates best practice sharing within the countries and locations. Work directly with key stakeholders in countries/locations to achieve buy-in and execute strategy. Monitors implementation and tracks any deviations for corrective action.
- Budget: Prepares annual budget of operations & inventory, oversees progress, and determines actions to cost issues as necessary to manage operations within the budget and resources. This role will be responsible for managing and deploying best practices and for effective transformation of Hub Countries focused on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Inventory & Cost (SQDIC). This role will be responsible to implement lean light house journey in hub factories, and driving kaizen culture.
- Work closely with Operating units and supporting function such as Sales, SCM, Transport & Logistics and Finance in developing Hub Countries’ priorities.
- Develop talented individuals within the countries & locations and provide access to internal customers who require specific content knowledge and/or capabilities relevant to their continuous improvement program. Mentor and coach Business Continuous Improvement candidates. Develop pipeline of Continuous Improvement team members able to drive business results.
- Operations improvement Develops programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout Operations. Ensures that the organization takes an overall value chain perspective to meet customer expectations on quality, service levels and lead time and has a full understanding and culture of continuous improvement behaviors, methodology and processes.
- Customer relations: Provides support to Sales staff to improve understanding of customer requirements to identify both potential constraints and solutions to these requirements from an operational point of view.
- Drive cultural transformation within the scope of responsibility, with a hands-on
- (´Gemba´) approach. Understands and promotes behavioral change to continuously improve function performance through programs and initiatives according to the markets’ needs.
- Health, safety and environment: Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- People leadership and development: Creates and maintains a positive work environment for the Company. Ensures (with HRBP’s support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates, and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s / Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in Engineering or manufacturing environment a managerial capacity.
- Experience in factory management, Supply Chain management, Production Planning, Factory capacity planning and Transport & Logistics & knowledge of Safety, Finance & HR Functions.
- A collaborative, solutions-oriented approach, and strong communication skills.
- Ability to lead a multi country, multi-cultural cross functional role.
- Proficiency in both spoken & written English language is required .