Develop or create products, systems, services or technologies by leading and managing the execution of one or more R&D projects to meet project targets. Coordinate work of local and cross-functional project team/s. Lead in partnership with local business managers, steering groups, product management and external parties and ensure value creation.
- You will be leading cross-functional project/s with complexity and/or sub-project of a complex project as responsible for all elements of the project/s. Motivates and leads internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- You will manage the project team allocated to the project, defining, with key stakeholders, the scope of work, cost/budget, resources required, time schedule and detailed work allocation. Monitors and controls project cost and financials. Formalizes acceptance of the project and brings all the project elements to a conclusion. Ensures project results are transferred to relevant line organization or department responsible. Captures lessons learned.
- You will ensure project follows sound methodology and execution practices in accordance with standard internal directives and procedures. Ensures projects follow external standards etc. that influence activities and targets.
- Identifies, contains and reduces risk. Ensures appropriate handling of change requests. Ensures transparency around unforeseen results/events and identified risks and makes sure that they are properly prioritized, managed and communicated.
- Collects, analyzes and evaluates information and data about technologies and market (HE, competition and academia) in cooperation with others.
- Performs a variety of complex technology/engineering assignments, which typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques.
- You will ensure appropriate protection of newly created intellectual property and assists in defense and enforcement activities of related technology.
- You will support monitoring and alerting IP issues to higher level management. Identifies, contains and reduces risk, and ensures that all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Living Hitachi Energy’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- M.Sc. or PhD. in mechanical or electrical engineering, engineering physics or equivalent.
- Required 5 to 8 years of experience in HVDC Valve design.
- An innovative and creative attitude and mind-set.
- Good written and spoken communication skills in English.