We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. The team
The Executive Assistant for Hitachi Digital LLC ("HD"), a U.S. subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., will be responsible for handling a wide range of administrative and executive support-related tasks that vary in complexity and sensitivity for the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO). The Executive Assistant will be a highly resourceful team player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, and efficient. The position requires the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The position is hybrid but is expected to be present in the office 2 - 3 days per week, so must be within commuting distance to Santa Clara.
This position is with Hitachi Digital, LLC, a subsidiary of Hitachi Ltd. and not with Hitachi Vantara. The role
What you'll bring
- Manage an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing
correspondence that is sometimes confidential; copying, reviewing outside mail, scanning, and filing documents, screening phone calls and visitors, updating Outlook contacts, maintaining executive files, arranging detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
- Support marketing events such as organizing all hands and happy hours, lunch and learns, ordering merchandise etc. and experience working with vendors and caterers.
- Anticipates the CMO needs and proactively brings together appropriate people and resources to support the executive in addressing these issues.
- Completes critical aspects of deliverables and special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities; managing time; gaining cooperation of others; monitoring progress; problem solving; adjusting plans.
- Enhances executives' and company's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Represents the executives by welcoming visitors, arranging company dinners and other corporate functions; answering questions and meeting requests directed to the executive office.
- Manage logistics of off-site meetings and assist with any department meetings as needed.
- Managing external contacts; proactively understanding who they are, who the primary contacts are and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Improves quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes, implementing changes.
- Effectively handle related activities and communications with a high degree of professionalism, accuracy and
- Be reachable in case of emergencies (i.e., schedule changes).
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Additional language is not necessary but Japanese proficiency would be a plus.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience supporting a C-Level executive.
- Excellent verbal and superior writing and report presentation skills are essential.
- High level of professionalism and demonstrated ability to handle confidential information is crucial.
- Ability to coordinate successful events and work with external vendors.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong sense of teamwork.
- Can operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
- Advanced PC skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Proficient with technology including mobile devices.
As required by the equal pay and transparency acts, the expected base salary for this position is:
- Tier One Location (including New York City and California Bay Area): $80k -$105k
The expected pay is determined based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, depth of experience in the practice area. Employees are eligible to participate in Hitachi Vantara's bonus/variable/commission pay programs, where applicable, and are subject to the program's conditions and restrictions. Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.