We're Hitachi Vantara, a global infrastructure business. Our people are the force of meaningful progress. We enable the incredible with data - from taking theme park fans on magical rides, conserving natural resources, protecting rainforests to saving lives. We empower businesses to automate, optimize and advance innovation. Together, we create a sustainable future for all.
Imagine the sheer breadth of talent it takes to inspire he future. We don't expect you to 'fit' every requirement - your life experience, character, perspective, and passion for achieving great things in the world are equally important to us. Meet our Team
We represent Hitachi Vantara to enterprise clients across industries, establishing business relationships to understand customer challenges so that we can deliver profitable business for Hitachi products, services and solutions. We collaborate as a team and cross-functionally to ensure the success of our customers; success that is celebrated and shared. Our solutions bring value to every line of business and we need people like you to build those deep relationships and to passionately articulate our value proposition. What you'll be doing
The Level 1 Service Desk Technician's role is to provide professional, courteous and effective technical support and customer service to all internal employees. At a high level, this includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting and resolving or escalating end user's requests and issues.
What you bring to the team
- Field incoming interactions to the Service Desk via phone, Chat and self-service regarding computer related and mobile device related requests and issues,
- During end user interactions, document all pertinent user information, request/issue details and troubleshooting steps taken in the ticketing tool,
- Using documented policies and procedures and IT management tools, troubleshoot and resolve the issue/request or escalate to the appropriate group,
- Communicate effectively with end users in all stages of the incident management process; including initial interaction, triage, escalation and status updates as requested,
- Manage individual incident queues in a timely manner to ensure all end user requests and issues are addressed within their appropriate SLA,
- Attend training sessions to learn relevant IT knowledge and company specific applications to provide timely support to our end users.
Championing diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Associate's Degree in Computer Science or other related field or 1 year of equivalent work experience,
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken),
- Understanding of Active Directory, Exchange Management Console, Company Portal, Intune, Citrix XenDesktop , Cisco/Palo Alto VPN,
- Working knowledge of computer hardware and software. Understanding of mobile device support; including Android and iOS,
- Interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening and questioning skills,
- Proven customer service skills.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) are integral to our culture and identity. Diverse thinking, a commitment to allyship, and a culture of empowerment help us achieve powerful results. We want you to be you, with all the ideas, lived experience, and fresh perspective that brings . We support your uniqueness and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and realize their full potential as part of our team. How we look after you
We want to help you take care of your today and tomorrow - at home and at work. Which is why we offer industry-leading benefits that go far beyond compensation. That means support, services, and resources that also take care of your holistic health and wellbeing. We're always looking for new ways of working that bring out our best, which leads to unexpected ideas. Here, you'll experience a sense of belonging, and discover autonomy, freedom, and ownership as you work alongside talented people you enjoy sharing knowledge with. We're also champions of life balance and offer flexible arrangements that work for you (role and location dependent). About us
We're a global team of innovators. Together, we harness engineering excellence and passion for insight to co-create meaningful solutions to complex challenges. We turn organizations into data-driven leaders that can a make positive impact on their industries and society . If you believe that innovation can inspire the future, this is the place to fulfil your purpose and achieve your potential.
We're proud to say we're an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applicants for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, age, disability status or any other protected characteristic . Should you need reasonable accommodations during the recruitment process, please let us know so that we can do our best to set you up for success.