Join GlobalLogic, to be a valid part of the team working on a huge software project for the world-class company providing M2M / IoT 4G/5G modules e.g. to the automotive, healthcare and logistics industries. Through our engagement, we contribute to our customer in developing the end-user modules' firmware, implementing new features, maintaining compatibility with the newest telecommunication and industry standards, as well as performing analysis and estimations of the customer requirements.Requirements:
• 2-4 years experience with Database Administration
• Bachelor degree in IT/IS/CS or additional equivalent work experience
• Work with software engineering teams to provide direction in database queries and indexes for optimum efficiency and supportability
• Work in an Agile environment supporting multiple software engineering teams
• Proficiency with one or more of these database platforms.
o Microsoft SQL server
o PostgreSQL server
• Experience with Azure Postgres, Azure SQL, AWS Aurora, AWS Postgres.
• Assist and direct routine system/database maintenance.
• Participate in an on-call support rotation every few weeks.
Additional Preferred Skills:
• Experience with Microsoft SSIS troubleshooting.
• Experience with Infrastructure as Code using Terraform.
• Knowledge of Microsoft SSAS.
• Proficient in Linux administration (RHEL/Ubuntu).
• Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible/Salt Stack).
• Experience with programming / scripting languages such as Bash, Python, and PowerShell.
• Proficiency with command line tools to quickly triage and fix production issues.Job Responsibilities:
The principal responsibility of this role is to provide operational database management within the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team and work with the software engineering teams for new and existing databases. This encompasses:
• working in partnership with the business and the technology teams, bringing awareness and insight of the different operational constraints / opportunities for projects targeting cloud-based or on-premises databases.
• design, implementation, and maintenance of cloud and on-prem database environments.
• promotion of mutual feedback in cross-functional groups, following database administration best practices.
• a strong focus on service availability and proactive detection of problems.
• ability to articulate technical and business concepts to different audiences and be able to influence technical decisions with solid metrics collection and proof of concepts
• Assist with database automation via infrastructure as code.
• Configuration management.
• Maintain database patching.
• Maintain database version support lifecycles.
• Database server tuning.
• Participate in / conduct post-mortems of production incidents
• Migrate legacy servers to newer version and to the cloud where applicable.
• Assist with operational security and compliance.
• Raise potential threats to operational and security teams.
riage and fix production issues.What We OfferExciting Projects:
We focus on industries like High-Tech, communication, media, healthcare, retail and telecom. Our customer list is full of fantastic global brands and leaders who love what we build for them.Collaborative Environment:
You Can expand your skills by collaborating with a diverse team of highly talented people in an open, laidback environment - or even abroad in one of our global centers or client facilities! Work-Life Balance:
GlobalLogic prioritizes work-life balance, which is why we offer flexible work schedules, opportunities to work from home, and paid time off and holidays.Professional Development:
Our dedicated Learning & Development team regularly organizes Communication skills training(GL Vantage, Toast Master),Stress Management program, professional certifications, and technical and soft skill trainings.Excellent Benefits:
We provide our employees with competitive salaries, family medical insurance, Group Term Life Insurance, Group Personal Accident Insurance , NPS(National Pension Scheme ), Periodic health awareness program, extended maternity leave, annual performance bonuses, and referral bonuses.Fun Perks:
We want you to love where you work, which is why we host sports events, cultural activities, offer food on subsidies rates, Corporate parties. Our vibrant offices also include dedicated GL Zones, rooftop decks and GL Club where you can drink coffee or tea with your colleagues over a game of table and offer discounts for popular stores and restaurants!About GlobalLogic
GlobalLogic is a leader in digital engineering. We help brands across the globe design and build innovative products, platforms, and digital experiences for the modern world.
By integrating experience design, complex engineering, and data expertise-we help our clients imagine what's possible, and accelerate their transition into tomorrow's digital businesses.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, GlobalLogic operates design studios and engineering centers around the world, extending our deep expertise to customers in the automotive, communications, financial services, healthcare and life sciences, manufacturing, media and entertainment, semiconductor, and technology industries.
GlobalLogic is a Hitachi Group Company operating under Hitachi, Ltd. (TSE: 6501) which contributes to a sustainable society with a higher quality of life by driving innovation through data and technology as the Social Innovation Business.