Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Manufacturing Engineer ROLE:
Designs, evaluates, and implements manufacturing processes for metal casting production. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs new production processes and equipment.
- Implements use of new processes applying engineering knowledge.
- Evaluates/troubleshoots existing processes to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Provides project management support by helping to resolve issues with cross-functional project teams, contractors, & suppliers.
- Facilitates meetings as needed to communicate all specific program responsibilities.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. QUALIFICATIONS (Preferred, but not required. Willing to train where necessary) :
- CNC programming experience.
- Familiarity with metal machining processes.
- Ability to draft capital expenditure justifications.
- Ability to develop and monitor training instructions.
- Ability to develop process controls.
- Plant and equipment layout experience.
- Ability to evaluate equipment capacity and utilization.
- Knowledge of TPM/6-S/Lean, Value Stream Mapping.
- Experience with root-cause analysis, process improvements, tooling and fixture design.
- G code programming experience.
- CAD/Solidworks experience.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.