Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America's leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide. Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation. Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future. More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com Electrical Controls Technician ROLE:
Specify, purchase and install, set up, maintain, and troubleshoot electrical components, systems, and controls in a heavy industry manufacturing environment. Implement projects assigned and assist Maintenance as required to keep the plant operating. Provide program interpretation, troubleshooting, revisions and additions to equipment and controlled systems using Siemens S 7, Siemens Safety, and Siemens TIA Portal, communicating with Profibus and Profinet. Integrate control systems with various other components and information systems in the plant.
Capable of implementation of projects on Non-Operating weekends and holidays as required. Capable of being contacted at off hours for assistance on problems effecting the plant operation. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key member of engineering team for development and installation of new equipment and equipment modifications.
- Work with production and maintenance to troubleshoot and improve existing electrical and control systems.
- Maintaining and installing control systems, Siemens Safety, Siemens S 7 and TIA Portal. Includes programming and set-up various components such as VFDs, servo drives, bar code reading devices, vision systems, temperature control devices, senor's, and ABB Robotics. Experience in integration of these components into syst ems with PLCs and HMIs.
- Experience and knowledge of power distribution (480 VAC three phase) motor controls. 110VAC and 24 VDC Control systems.
- Capable of designing electrical circuitry for power and control. Use of AutoCAD for developing prints.
- Knowledge of medium (<50kV>
- Develop and install electrical systems according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles.
- Use of various handheld measuring instrumentation and data acquisition equipment .
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when electrical or engineering problems are encountered.
- Collaborate with engineers, maintenance, operating personnel and outside vendors to identify, define, and solve problems.
- Modify electrical systems to correct functional deviations.
- Modify new and existing machinery to make it more practical, more efficient, robust and safer.
- Design and produce procedure documentation on operating and resetting equipment after process interruptions.
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university is preferred, along with a minimum of five years technical related experience. Must be fluent with the use of Siemens PLCs and communication systems. QUALIFICATIONS:
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Technical Skills.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Communication Skills - written and verbal.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Completes work in timely manner.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in work priorities.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability. Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.